Hacking Hykem's 5.5 iosu Exploit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzist

Trophies
XP
Country
So, the exploit won't work on 5.5.1?

I had issues with a NNID's password and I thought I had (Or thought I had to) to unblock Nintendo's websites for it to work. Wii U automatically updated right there...

Last edited by Jazzist,

josh87402

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
So, the exploit won't work on 5.5.1?

I had issues with a NNID's password and I thought I had (Or thought I had to) to unblock Nintendo's websites for it to work. Wii U automatically updated right there...
CY-BIuPWcAAVbMr.jpg:large

Reactions: Jazzist

josh87402

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I recall seeing that, yeah. My question was because the OP does emphasis on "DO NOT UPDATE TO 5.5.1 !"

Thanks for the quick reply guys.
I guess it's time SonyUSA edits the thread just to add that the exploit does indeed work on 5.5.1. Hell Hykem himself confirmed i.

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess it's time SonyUSA edits the thread just to add that the exploit does indeed work on 5.5.1. Hell Hykem himself confirmed i.

I'm not convinced 5.5.1 is completly safe, therefore I say "don't update" :P

Edit: I'll try to get definitive confirmation for everyone a bit later

Reactions: Phantom90

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

When you're at it, can you you get confirmation/hint that wee will have EMUNAND support with IOSU?

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SonyUSA - I have a funny feeling about 5.5.1 too. It's been the first "update" where both exploits haven't been patched. Something probably now phones home. (Nintendo wouldn't repeat the 3DS as everyone knows about ET the Browser.) It's probably something stupid like Mii Maker. (Where no one would never look.)

Last edited by FusionGamer, , Reason: grammar
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm on 5.5.0, but I still don't completely understand. When 5.5.1 released it was a browser update that patched something (we don't know yet) and it could have been something totally unrelated to what the exploit does. The 5.5.1 browser version still runs the .mp4 exploit which allows it to run its own code, and now that we have the keys, we can dissect the firmware and find out the commands that read and write the nand. And as long as 5.5.1 can do this, I don't feel there is no need to stay on 5.5.0 while waiting for the exploit to come out, because I am almost certain, it will be 5.5.1 compatible.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 5.5.0, but I still don't completely understand. When 5.5.1 released it was a browser update that patched something (we don't know yet) and it could have been something totally unrelated to what the exploit does. The 5.5.1 browser version still runs the .mp4 exploit which allows it to run its own code, and now that we have the keys, we can dissect the firmware and find out the commands that read and write the nand. And as long as 5.5.1 can do this, I don't feel there is no need to stay on 5.5.0 while waiting for the exploit to come out, because I am almost certain, it will be 5.5.1 compatible.
Read the post above you. The concern is whether Nintendo had put something into the new update that may call home in the future. Ironhax at the moment is dead (3DS) so we should tread slowly in regard of the new Wii U firmware.

That's also so why I got hype when there were talk of the EMUNAND for Wii U in associated with IOSU in the old days of this thread. Would be disappointed if we have to keep update SYSNAND or wait a long time for news release of kexploit when newer firmware available

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello to everyone i have a simple q :) the exploit will come for 5.5 or for 5.5, + ,5.5.1;;

and one more Q, i update my console by mistake i was 5.4 and now im 5.5.1E and my wiiu try to update to 5.5.1U what i should do;/ pls do not say sell wiiu bla bla ..
Well you could always find a lower firmware console at a store and commit return fraud(swap consoles). I mean we're already pirates.

lol. I wouldn't in all seriousness recommend this btw. I am totally making a haha funny.

RoadrunnerWMC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SonyUSA - I have a funny feeling about 5.5.1 too. It's been the first "update" where both exploits weren't patched. Something probably now phones home. (Nintendo wouldn't repeat the 3DS as everyone knows about ET the Browser.) It's probably something stupid like Mii Maker. (Where no one would never look.)

There are ways of downloading and unpacking system update data on a PC to see what they contain. 5.5.1 is 100% confirmed to only affect the Internet Browser.

Everyone who has inspected 5.5.1 has decided that it almost certainly doesn't "phone home." There are no new URLs in the browser, and it's already been explained in this thread why hardcoding an IP address would be impractical for Nintendo.

Several people (Hykem and others) have already run kernel and IOSU exploits on 5.5.1. That's the best evidence possible for proving update safety.

Additionally, you might as well update now and enjoy Splatoon for a while before a system update that's actually unsafe is released.

If you choose to stay on 5.5.0, that's your choice. Personally, I've already updated.

Note: This post is intended only for people currently on 5.5.0. People with 5.4.0 or below do have some potential future benefits for staying on those versions, although those will disappear when Hykem's 5.5.1 IOSU exploit is released.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you could always find a lower firmware console at a store and commit return fraud(swap consoles). I mean we're already pirates.

lol. I wouldn't in all seriousness recommend this btw. I am totally making a haha funny.
You should write it back ward. Many people would just stop and proceed with the first sentence they read. Someone may try what you wrote...:ninja:

In all seriousness, with all these update accidents, we really need EMUNAND support with IOSU exploit

Last edited by tivu100,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, Dont forget your meds.