Hyperdimension Idol Neptune PP Opening Revealed

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/18/hyperdimension-idol-neptunia-pp-takes-the-stage/

If NISA is bold enough to bring this game over it will be the first of its genre, as the game has switched from its RPG roots to the idol genre. So, lets all show our support to get this to America and Europe! Perhaps this might open the door for future idol games. But to comment on the opening, it was amazing! This will be a first day buy for me.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Without clicking the link, what's an idol game?
Ever seen a Japanese female pop singer in a video? Idols are a word used to describe the thing you are probably thinking of.

Idol games are then games where you get to play dress up with CG characters with similar fashion sense - various levels of fanservice ensue. Granted many will take it one or two steps further and try to weave an actual game into there somewhere and some even get above the pit of shovelware but it is still dress up with a mediocre game wrapper.

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If being sane and rational makes me a hater, sure, I'm the biggest hater there is.

And you better believe I'm gonna hate.
You're not sane and rational, you're just hating on a genre of games. Have you even played an idol game?

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I think there is potential of it being brought over as NISA has brought all of the HDN over. Also if i recall HDN has strongest sales on the west. I'm not saying it is but I'm saying I can see NISA doing it. When you think Niche you think NISA and believe me NISA will release any genre if they can (besides Criminal Girls).

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Honestly I think there is potential of it being brought over as NISA has brought all of the HDN over. Also if i recall HDN has strongest sales on the west. I'm not saying it is but I'm saying I can see NISA doing it. When you think Niche you think NISA and believe me NISA will release any genre if they can (besides Criminal Girls).
Yeah Criminal Girls got screwed; they said they would never release another PSP games after Black Rock Shooter, then the announce Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection. Sure I bought it to show support but I had questions all in my head why they chose this.

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 more sides this were announced for release too

Hyper Goddess Faith Noire: Super God Black Heart(which based off a name sounds like a spin-off with noire as the main character)

and, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth(again basing off the name it sounds like a remake of HDN1 but id only get it if it comes to the west IF they fix the battle system though i doubt it)

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
2 more sides this were announced for release too

Hyper Goddess Faith Noire: Super God Black Heart(which based off a name sounds like a spin-off with noire as the main character)

and, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth(again basing off the name it sounds like a remake of HDN1 but id only get it if it comes to the west IF they fix the battle system though i doubt it)
Of course, I'd buy all three regardless, especially Noire's game! Why is no information coming out about her game! I don't think Red will be included in Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're not sane and rational, you're just hating on a genre of games.

Considering the genre of games we're talking about, that is the sane, rational (and most reasonable) response.

Have you even played an idol game?

No - and I think that gives me all the credibility in this conversation. That being said, I think the trailer gave me all the insight (and pain) I could really need here.

Normally, I'm a big proponent of the old adage "Don't judge a book by its cover," but let's be honest here - this genre is only cover deep.

TyBlood13

As Seen On GBATempTV
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering the genre of games we're talking about, that is the sane, rational (and most reasonable) response.

No - and I think that gives me all the credibility in this conversation. That being said, I think the trailer gave me all the insight (and pain) I could really need here.

Normally, I'm a big proponent of the old adage "Don't judge a book by its cover," but let's be honest here - this genre is only cover deep.
Something must be wrong in the universe Gahars. For once, I whole heartily agree with you. Quick, make a bad pun!

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Without clicking the link, what's an idol game?
usually a terribly designed rhythm game, as mentioned already you get to play dress up which usually involves dressing your preteen/young teen idol in skimpy clothes all while yelling out "that's so kawaii!", then watching them dance around in said skimpy outfit in the actual game which usually ends with you humping a body pillow with a case over it that has a nude animated preteen girl on it

Did I miss anything?

Reactions: Gahars

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.