Homebrew HzMod - old3DS screen streaming

• Thread starter Sono
  • Start date
  • Views 250,780
  • Replies 573
  • Likes 102

What should be HorizonModule renamed to?

• HzMod

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • HzModule

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • HzProc

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • HzDbg

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • HzDebug

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yacepi15

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In my O3DS, in normal mode, i can get video streaming at 2fps. But when i try to load extended memory mode, the blue led only turns on when i close the app. At that point, the console reboots and goodbye.
Can someone help me, please?

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my O3DS, in normal mode, i can get video streaming at 2fps. But when i try to load extended memory mode, the blue led only turns on when i close the app. At that point, the console reboots and goodbye.
Can someone help me, please?
You have to launch the extended memory game right after (like Smash or Sun/Moon), you can't close it directly or it leaves extended memory mode.

yacepi15

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You have to launch the extended memory game right after (like Smash or Sun/Moon), you can't close it directly or it leaves extended memory mode.
I thinked that memory extended mode was for having a better performance... Thank you.
Edit: Stucked in the Nintendo 3DS screen :rofl:
Edit2: I powered off the system and the blue light were still on, but with a very low intensity. It went off when i entered into the home menu but... What a horror history... I think i would have a MCU brick... :glare:

Last edited by yacepi15,

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I keep getting SDL2.dll is missing when I try and launch it on PC how do I get it to work?

I was going to say to read the readme again, but I guess you didn't notice it so I'll say it: use winlaunch.bat if you have it, or use HzMod.bat if you don't have it

MaladroitJoypad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is HzMod really worht a shot? A read some post here, so it might differ from console to console, but it would be great to have something on o3ds to record with.

MaladroitJoypad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, I still wonder, if "streaming in low fps" is the same as "a low framerate video capture". If a captured video can be "restored" to a higher fps video, it would be fine. Another question is; is it possible to get more fps/quality if you focus to cap the upper screen only than both screens at the same time?

Yeah, capture cards are in general better than other methods, but for me its more like "I can capture the 3ds screen w/o a cap card??? Hell yeah!" than the actual need of capturing it for a direct purpose.

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Well, I still wonder, if "streaming in low fps" is the same as "a low framerate video capture". If a captured video can be "restored" to a higher fps video, it would be fine. Another question is; is it possible to get more fps/quality if you focus to cap the upper screen only than both screens at the same time?

Yeah, capture cards are in general better than other methods, but for me its more like "I can capture the 3ds screen w/o a cap card??? Hell yeah!" than the actual need of capturing it for a direct purpose.

recently I discovered a method to make the 3DS lag like crazy, so I guess I could abuse that to capture at 60fps (which would be great for playing back TAS on real hardware)

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
recently I discovered a method to make the 3DS lag like crazy, so I guess I could abuse that to capture at 60fps (which would be great for playing back TAS on real hardware)
I would love that to export my Smash replays to videos I can watch whenever I want. Of course It would take time but I don't care, I can do something else while the video records.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH