Not open for further replies.

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loads of people get banned, where are you hiding?

I get people bitching at my fb page for going online getting banned.

I don't even know why this is a discussion.

Everyone should know that "If you go online with CFW" you could get banned at any point in time.

So there's no "if's" or "but's" or "unless". Anyway, this is boring me. Just read and repeat the sentence I just wrote and you'll be fine. If you refuse to accept reality and you get banned just don't cry about it.

Last edited by cots,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Banned for just CFW, or being dumb and going online after pirating/cheating online/save editing/eShop fraud?

I never said it's impossible, so stop pretending like I did. I'm saying it's unlikely.
I cant say for 100% but they claim just using cfw, but yes that you can as its not official firmware and has different code to what nintendo firmware has and lik4 ps3, xbox, 3ds, wii u, all have means of them knowing and banning you.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't even know why this is a discussion.

Everyone should know that "If you go online with CFW" you could get banned at any point in time.

So there's no "if's" or "but's" or "unless". Anyway, this is boring me. Just read and repeat the sentence I just wrote and you'll be fine. If you refuse to accept reality and you get banned just don't cry about it.
Like every scene will advise they take no risk, going online is at your own risk.

Unless i imagined all this.

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never said it's impossible, so stop pretending like I did. I'm saying it's unlikely.

I'm really sick of tired of people thinking they can predict the future and know what Nintendo can do. At least you're not denying it's not possible. I get so many people claiming it's impossible that I'm motivated to make a homebrew app that mounts the emuMMC, reads its logs and creates a report. After which going to Nintendo's USA HQ and to talk with their devs to see if they can use it to ban people with.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
I cant say for 100% but they claim just using cfw, but yes that you can as its not official firmware and has different code to what nintendo firmware has and lik4 ps3, xbox, 3ds, wii u, all have means of them knowing and banning you.
Atmosphere doesn't replace the original firmware though. It also is possible that they have had patches enabled like sigpatches, even if they didn't install anything - which is a ban risk.

darkxex

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
You went online with cfw, which is the dumbest thing someone would do, and moreover you injected an edand savedata that does not contain the same records as your sysnand. you are amazing.

Reactions: Der_Blockbuster

Der_Blockbuster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can't stand the whine, why would you wanna copy your progress from Emunand to Sysnand?
Just play the game on Sysnand if you wanna make progress. If you wanna play your backups go play on Emunand in Airplane mode.

The most simple rule out there and yet people get their switch banned.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a ? To throw out let's just say you are on OFW can Nintendo actually detect everything on your micro sd card or they only focus on internal memory

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a ? To throw out let's just say you are on OFW can Nintendo actually detect everything on your micro sd card or they only focus on internal memory

It's trivial for them to "detect things on the sd card" seeings as they made the device and wrote the libraries and software required to read and write to it. So yes, all they would need to do is put something in a new firmware, game, game update, app, etc ... and you'd get banned. Nintendo should really hire some Sony programmers - Sony has been doing this shit for years.

Last edited by cots,

beermonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I got banned for the same. Was fully aware of the risks. Feel free now though to do what ever I want with my switch. It's kind of liberating. Never play online anyway and know my purchased games await me if I were to get another switch so no great shakes.

tides

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
while not many, there are many people who were banned for just using homebrew/cfw

so yea, there's no such thing as "homebrew" when talking about nintendo.

it's either going full piracy or none at all because "unofficial products for nintendo products" have bricked switches and they dont' care.
also altho they used a usb c but didn't make it properly, it's your fault for using a usb-c that nintendo didn't make.

Tiagomcs20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well its a pity that happened to you, if you are saying is true.
Well at any case and you got nothing to lose, i would send an email, explaining what happened, showing the recipes of the bought game and console and tell that story to them and hope that anything happens. I say again, you got nothing to lose so why not try?

Best of luck to you

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just use lan-play problem solved a great tightknit community of people who were banned too just play online with them and be happy you have some form of online

tivanh

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm really sick of tired of people thinking they can predict the future and know what Nintendo can do. At least you're not denying it's not possible. I get so many people claiming it's impossible that I'm motivated to make a homebrew app that mounts the emuMMC, reads its logs and creates a report. After which going to Nintendo's USA HQ and to talk with their devs to see if they can use it to ban people with.

it gets a little annoying as well that people deny there is a full proof safe method for the switch to have both online sysnand for legit activity and offline emunand for piracy.

Have seperate sd cards for both. Ideal or not, it works. Unless someone wants to explain how Nintendo could detect this?

sTo0z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Meanwhile I transferred saves from system #1 emunand to system #2 sysnand via official save transfer many months ago and still unbanned on both. :D

Raugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
This is stupid, what if I play OFFline for 2 months and then I reconnect again, there will be a mismatch

But you played it for months in air plane mode? If you not you have a save with a lot of hours y a profile with a register with a lot of less hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Meth cake lol