I beat Ys Seven

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I beat Ys Seven today on the Normal difficulty and pumped about 23 or 24 hours into the game. I was gonna do a Nightmare difficulty run after I beat the game, but parts of that game were already so difficult, it seems like it would just be a luck based grind fest. My impressions of the game:

- The story was pretty cool. The whole five dragons thing combined with the reason the land was being destroyed was fantastic to go through. The game starts with little direction other than, here's a town, go explore it, but it picks up from there quickly. The story ended decisively with a good wrap up to explain what happened after. Overall, one of the more original stories I've had the pleasure of playing through. Like any story, it was plagued with cliches, but they certainly didn't take anything away.

- OH MAH GAWD ACTION RPG INCREDIBLENESS! The fighting is very well done. It is incredible amounts of fun to dodge just in the knick of time as you go running in to make a desperate charge slash realizing that you are in a battle that you won't win without spamming your ultimate attack. Although some bosses almost destroyed me (most notably the boss on Ruins Island and the extra caterpillar like titano in the desert), I still managed to pull through and win. The final boss forced me to employ every strategy I had with every character in order to win. The game forces you to use every character for a reason I won't delve into if you are playing/are going to play.

- Even characters that use the same kinds of attack play differently. The ranged fighters shoot at different rates, melee fighters swing at different speeds, etc.

- Side quests were kinda meh and unnecessary in the long run. Only actually used a couple of the things I got from them, and didn't bother with two or three of the quests for the end game. I did complete every single side quest that you could only get and complete before Ruins Island though, so I guess I have that.

Overall, the game was phenomenal. First game I've beaten in a long while.
Next up: Crisis Core
After: Ys 1 and 2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    +1
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same. +1