vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok guys just wondering if anyone knows of any reputable UK based sword dealers (Japanese swords) preferably stocking anime or fantasy swords thx

oh and iv looked at some international dealers and there stuff is really good but with the p&p costing the same as my desired sword.. i dont think so and with this damn ash cloud i think i may have to wait a few weeks for delivery >__>

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lol er its just for show really and for role playing im 18 in july but my friends 18 so hes buying mine and his
biggrin.gif

westarrr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
well.. im quite sure, if you use it for role playing and stuff...
a nice looking fake one could do good.
arent swords illegal in UK??
dno but really much things are illegal in UK, like many games and stuff =P

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
vergilite said:
Rogue_Syst3m said:
http://www.kingofswords.com/

thx but i was looking for a UK based dealer to avoid mass shipping costs >_> oh and i still want probably a 440 stainless steal blade even if its not sharpened, just because it will give it a nicer look
tongue.gif

You do NOT want a stainless steel sword, they break as soon as you hit something with them. stainless steel sword like objects are nothing but ornamental wall hangers.

this is a good example of a stainless steel sword

Also fake stainless steel "samurai swords" are illegal in the UK.

westarrr said:

they are perfectly legal in the UK. At one point they banned the sale of "samurai swords" (their words, not mine) completely, however they amended that so that they are legal as long as they are "handmade". This effectively means that for a curved sword to be sold in the UK now it must be made of carbon steel and have been shaped by hand. the latter not making much difference, cheap swords were always knocked out in china on angle grinders anyway.

QUOTE(Prowler485 @ Apr 28 2010, 05:41 PM) QUOTE(westarrr @ Apr 28 2010, 05:37 PM)
They are illegal once you bring them out in public (something like that). It's perfectly legal for show. My dad has a couple of swords around his house.

not exactly, as long as you have a "good reason" (ceremonial/religious/national dress, reinactment, religious ceremonies, etc) it is legal to have one in public, but obviously just walking out with one and waving it around is quite illegal.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Uk sword law as it pertains to curved swords did change back in 2008: http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2008/pdf/uksi_20080973_en.pdf

Much like a good chunk of other UK law it is horrifically imprecise though.

If you are so inclined though amazon (or at least some of those running shops there) do a good line in wooden swords and weapons.

I will also mention the police in your chosen city do not look kindly on such things (pretty much only London is worse as far as England goes).

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thx for all the help guys means a lot but
A. meh 440 stainless steal will do me fine as im not going to be whacking it against anything just swinging it around,
B. i think iv decided on a nice ninja sword with full tang
smile.gif

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
NeSchn said:
Never buy from King Of Swords, they are a bunch of scammers. My brothers friend bought about $100 worth of stuff a couple years ago and they never shipped it out and he waited too long to call the Credit Card company, so those assholes ran away with his money.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/King_Of_Swords

bloody hell i looked at some of those swords on there site :S
after reading those reviews i can say im not buying from them ever. oh and i actually looked at uk blades and in my earlier post where i mentioned a sword i found was on that site
smile.gif
it is only for display purposes, i mean im going to ask to get it blunted anyway just in case
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Honestly a great Eminem song.