I create First Person Shooters, and I need Testers & Ideas

D

Deleted User

Looks sweet. so this is made with FPS creator? could this be ported to other platforms?

AP Hacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
omgpwn666 said:
This game you made is amazing, it feels like Dementium. Anyways, I've ran into a couple of problems, and I don't feel like I'm doing my job if I don't report it.

Bugs
- I would get stuck in certain areas, it would slow my walking speed until I was stood still
- Some areas would slow me down, but not stop me
- After dieing at one point, I came back to life and my gun was slightly off the screen, and everything was sort of choppy, almost as if a resolution change has occurred.

Other than that, it feels great. Look forward to a finished version. I also got two screen shots of the areas I got stuck in.
--------------------------
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5908/es...00314480290.jpg
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7895/es...00314462536.jpg

System : Windows 7, 64 bit Desktop

Wow, game runs for you on a usually problematic system, and doesn't run on usually the preferred system! Great.
rolleyes.gif

Thank you for the bug report, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Many of the bugs you mentioned I *believe* are caused by lag, I don't think there's a coding error there. However, the "resolution change" bug is something I was not aware of. Was it possible to reproduce the "res change" bug?

This thread is definetly the busiest thread I've ever mad,e thank you guys very much for the help and critiques. If I stop answering as fast as I have been, it's because I'm working on Prject Canada.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
AP Hacker said:
Antoligy said:
Video Card Specs: 512KB
Total Free Disk Space: 1024KB

Could you maybe post if it worked or not?
rolleyes.gif
I did... check my last post.
this never usually happens, I have no idea why this is happening
frown.gif

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ram: 4 Gig DDR 3
Processor: AMD Athlon™ II X2 215 processor (2 CPUs), ~2.7 GHz
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT 512mb
------
By the way, I don't crash on this game.

Edit: I don't know what causes the lag you talked about, since this would practically be the first game I've lagged on. I play Battlefield : Bad Company 2, Half-Life : Episode 2, Team Fortress 2, and occasionally random games I find around. Haha

AP Hacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FragAguy said:
Looks sweet. so this is made with FPS creator? could this be ported to other platforms?

Haha, sharp eye. How could you tell (other than the telltale icon) what I made it with? By other platforms, what do you mean? Like other consoles?

AP Hacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Antoligy said:
AP Hacker said:
Antoligy said:
Video Card Specs: 512KB
Total Free Disk Space: 1024KB

Could you maybe post if it worked or not?
rolleyes.gif

I did... check my last post.
this never usually happens, I have no idea why this is happening
frown.gif

If it is an unrecognized extension, maybe you are running the wrong file.. Are you running the .exe file?

Posts merged

QUOTE(omgpwn666 @ Oct 3 2010, 08:17 PM)
Ram: 4 Gig DDR 3
Processor: AMD Athlon? II X2 215 processor (2 CPUs), ~2.7 GHz
------
By the way, I don't crash on this game.

Well that's good news!

D

Deleted User

AP Hacker said:
FragAguy said:

Haha, sharp eye. How could you tell (other than the telltale icon) what I made it with? By other platforms, what do you mean? Like other consoles?

The info from the executable says: FPSC ltd. and I was in this kind of stuff some years ago. By other platforms I meant other consoles, but I doubt the engine would run on a wii. Oh, and I would love to see some kind of arena shooter like quake 3 arena and UT if you're interested in making one.

AP Hacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FragAguy said:
AP Hacker said:
FragAguy said:

The info from the executable says: FPSC ltd. and I was in this kind of stuff some years ago. By other platforms I meant other consoles, but I doubt the engine would run on a wii. Oh, and I would love to see some kind of arena shooter like quake 3 arena and UT if you're interested in making one.

Maybe I'll make an arena shooter one of these days, but right now I'm working on Project Canada.
Speaking of which... Anyone up for voice acting?

AP Hacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The first level of Project Canada will be a little tutorial, just so you can get used to the controls. Soon I'll have some screenshots for you..
Would anybody like to do some voice acting for the commanding officers that tell you what to do? I'll put your name in the credits.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are the screenshots almost done? I'm looking forward to seeing them. I'm incorrectly credited as "fidgenuts64" in the original post. Can you fix that
smile.gif

AP Hacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
fudgenuts64 said:
Are the screenshots almost done? I'm looking forward to seeing them. I'm incorrectly credited as "fidgenuts64" in the original post. Can you fix that
smile.gif

Ah, damn, sorry about that typo. I'll get right on that.

Yes, the screenshots are on thier way. I'm planning on getting about 3 in total.. i've got even better news than mere screenshots... V1 (yes, I will be updating this new game) of the first level is almost ready. My time right now is 7:20, and I'm extremely confident that it will be released by 8:30pm (so in about an hour).

Once it's released, I'm going to wait a bit for some critiscm before beginning level 2.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AP Hacker said:
fudgenuts64 said:
smile.gif

Ah, damn, sorry about that typo. I'll get right on that.

Yes, the screenshots are on thier way. I'm planning on getting about 3 in total.. i've got even better news than mere screenshots... V1 (yes, I will be updating this new game) of the first level is almost ready. My time right now is 7:20, and I'm extremely confident that it will be released by 8:30pm (so in about an hour).

Once it's released, I'm going to wait a bit for some critiscm before beginning level 2.
Awesome, I can't wait to play!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Pog https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA2N2SZSfek