I create First Person Shooters, and I need Testers & Ideas

pedimaisum

Trophies
Website
blogs.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Brazil
So, I have made some tests for a possible cover and.... see this... (Is a test, need improvement)

850faecbae7ffa9bc769c3f948669bb96g.jpg

Btw, I tested the tutorial, Everythin fines here with a Notebook Acer, Core 2 Duo, 4gb RAM, 30Gb free space, GeForce 9500m GS 512mb.

See ya!

AP Hacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thats nice! VERY nice!
Also, thanks for the specs. Glad it worked for you.

If I use your cover, I will definitely put your name in the credits. It's very good.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, game looks good. Runs fine on my computer:

AMD Athlon II X3 3.3ghz
Nvidia Geforce 9800 gt
Windows 7 64-bit
Desktop
288 gb free space

But I ran into a few "bugs", unless I'm doing something wrong.
1. In the obstacle room, the last bar is very difficult to get over, and impossible to get under (yes I tried crouching).
2. I cant figure out how to pick up the sniper (not really a bug, although the text on the bottom of the screen that tells you what to do goes away instantly)
3. The enemies rarely shoot at me, making it far to easy to kill them

Other than that, great game!

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
person66 said:
Well, game looks good. Runs fine on my computer:

AMD Athlon II X3 3.3ghz
Nvidia Geforce 9800 gt
Windows 7 64-bit
Desktop
288 gb free space

But I ran into a few "bugs", unless I'm doing something wrong.
1. In the obstacle room, the last bar is very difficult to get over, and impossible to get under (yes I tried crouching).
2. I cant figure out how to pick up the sniper (not really a bug, although the text on the bottom of the screen that tells you what to do goes away instantly)
3. The enemies rarely shoot at me, making it far to easy to kill them

Other than that, great game!
I had the same problem with issue #1. I got stuck there.

AP Hacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, after releasing the game I noticed the obstacle issue. To get over it, you must stand on the 2nd bar and jump. Essentially, you must use the 2nd bar as a step. Also, to pick up the sniper you have to jump on the table. That's not a glitch though, it forces you to try different things to advance.

The bar issue is a glitch though, it'll be fixed after I release level 2, which will be done hopefully by tonight ( it's 3:40pm right now).. I'm expecting a 8pm release.

About the enemies not shooting at you... That's a little odd actually, when I tested the game they shot as soon as I was in sight...

pedimaisum

Trophies
Website
blogs.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Brazil
AP Hacker said:
Thats nice! VERY nice!
Also, thanks for the specs. Glad it worked for you.

If I use your cover, I will definitely put your name in the credits. It's very good.

Good you like it
smile.gif
I will make some improvements and send to you a final version.
About what the friend mentioned above, I have some difficult to pass the last obstacle too..

See ya!

AP Hacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, sounds good. I look forward to seeing the final version!
I will fix the obstacle bug by tonight. Until then, to pass that step, here is what you do.

Enter the room.
Jump over the first obstacle.
Jump ONTO the second obstacle.
Jump from the second obstacle, onto the third obstacle.
Walk off the third obstacle.
Enjoy the rest of the tutorial.

AP Hacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK... I messed up. Somehow, I managed to get the the two levels files mixed together, resulting in some missing files and large file sizes. I'm going to re-compile them, and reupload them.
Sorry about that.

EDIT: Both files are uploading, I will edit this post when they are up.
EDIT2: LEVEL 1 IS UPDATED AND UPLOADED.
EDIT3: LEVEL 2 IS NOW UPLOADED. TRY IT OUT!

pedimaisum

Trophies
Website
blogs.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Brazil
AP Hacker said:
OK... I messed up. Somehow, I managed to get the the two levels files mixed together, resulting in some missing files and large file sizes. I'm going to re-compile them, and reupload them.
Sorry about that.

EDIT: Both files are uploading, I will edit this post when they are up.
EDIT2: LEVEL 1 IS UPDATED AND UPLOADED.
EDIT3: LEVEL 2 IS NOW UPLOADED. TRY IT OUT!

Thanks, I'm in work now. Will prove tonight.
See ya!

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried Project Canada level 1, and I must say, you have real skill! The game works very well and doesn't lag (Windows Vista Ultimate, 3gb ram, AMD Athlon 2.10GHz, Laptop)
Only "problem" is that it takes a very long time to load. I might try the other ones later.

AP Hacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
metamaster said:
I tried Project Canada level 1, and I must say, you have real skill! The game works very well and doesn't lag (Windows Vista Ultimate, 3gb ram, AMD Athlon 2.10GHz, Laptop)
Only "problem" is that it takes a very long time to load. I might try the other ones later.

Thanks! Im glad you enjoyed it without experiencing lag!
Yes, it does take a long time to load. Unfortunately, I cannot do anything to decrease the loading times.

Glad you enjoyed it, please post if you try any of my other levels.
EDIT: Approx. How long was your loading time?

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, it doesn't sound that long when I say it, but compared to other things, it is quite a bit. It took around 2 minutes, and didn't respond at one point, but it still worked.

AP Hacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
metamaster said:
Well, it doesn't sound that long when I say it, but compared to other things, it is quite a bit. It took around 2 minutes, and didn't respond at one point, but it still worked.

Haha, I understand what you mean. It's funny, everyone seems to have decent loading times EXCEPT for me. Even during testing sometimes it takes over 25 minutes to load, or it doesn't load at all.

EDIT: Does anybody have any feedback regarding either of my PC levels?

AP Hacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Due to some issues with my computer, I have been unable to begin work on level 3. Hopefully I will have it started by tonight.. Does anyone have any feedback for the other parts of PC?

pedimaisum

Trophies
Website
blogs.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Brazil
ap hacker said:
due to some issues with my computer, i have been unable to begin work on level 3. hopefully i will have it started by tonight.. does anyone have any feedback for the other parts of pc?

sorry for my late for reply.
i don't test other levels yet, in this week i'm very out of home (ooooh my english is so bad xd)

i will try all levels soon.
see ya!

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a few questions before i post my idea:

1) how many years do you have under your programming belt?
2) what program are you using to create your graphics?
3) did you create your own engine, or something else?
4) what language are you using?
5) approximately how many hours and/or sleepless night went into your game?

maybe 1, 3, and 4 are moot, but i would still like to know.

AP Hacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sterl500 said:
i have a few questions before i post my idea:

1) how many years do you have under your programming belt?
2) what program are you using to create your graphics?
3) did you create your own engine, or something else?
4) what language are you using?
5) approximately how many hours and/or sleepless night went into your game?

maybe 1, 3, and 4 are moot, but i would still like to know.

1) 2, but only about 4 months with this program.
2) many of the models were made by the fspc community, but i believe most were made with milkshape.
3) i use fps creator.
4) the program mainly uses fpi scripting.
5) usually a week or two of development goes into each level.

say what your idea is even if you feel my responses aren't good enough though, im curious.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oops, totally forgot to put my idea:

If we are looking at war scenarios, then maybe a conflict comes directly to America's doorstep. You are a citizen who wakes to fighting, and it seems you are the only one left in the house. You then walk outside your door, and find your father dead, but he is still clutching his father's 12 gauge shotgun. As you pry the cold steel from his hands, you also remember the hunting equipment in the closet. It has a camo jacket with both pellet and slug ammo, a Survival Knife, and an old service Colt .45 (Very limited ammo). As you look for the rest of your family you spy a note float from the fridge, saying they headed for the mine. Told me that dad had stayed behind to protect me. You can choose to have a better proficiency in handling of knives (You can throw knives), guns (Better accuracy and reload time) or survivability (Increased HP regen, and the ability to find extra ammo).

Aspects: Heavy emphasis on hand me down weapons. Close quarters survival warfare. Sentimental aspects as well.

Atmosphere: Dark and Gritty.

Scenario: You have just been mistakenly accused of killing a man, and the only course is to run. The Good: You are now away from the law. The Bad: you come across a Ghost Town that isn't as abandoned as it first seemed. You have a choice to turn back and fight the law, or face the horrors ahead.

Aspects: Emphasis on anything goes (Includes fists), and city combat for when you turn back. You can earn veteran points when fighting in the ghost town and use them to increase aspects of the character's physic. You can earn strikes to use a sort of kill streak system when fighting the law.

Atmosphere: Horror/Dark

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1