i got scammed :(

trepp0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
hello peeps, yesterday i sold a new 3ds for a iphone x. when i got home i started setting it up, but i got to a part where you need to log in and it said it was locked to the owner. so i messaged the guy and he said he got it from a friend and didnt know that it was like that, and promptly deleted his account :wacko:. so i messaged apple and have now filled out a from hoping for the activation lock to be deactivated (not hopeful).

so fellow tempers, has anyone else had an experience like this? is there anyway to clear a activation lock from home?

thanks in advance!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello peeps, yesterday i sold a new 3ds for a iphone x. when i got home i started setting it up, but i got to a part where you need to log in and it said it was locked to the owner. so i messaged the guy and he said he got it from a friend and didnt know that it was like that, and promptly deleted his account :wacko:. so i messaged apple and have now filled out a from hoping for the activation lock to be deactivated (not hopeful).

so fellow tempers, has anyone else had an experience like this? is there anyway to clear a activation lock from home?

thanks in advance!

So you didn't check the phone when you did the trade?

trepp0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
So this guy got it from a friend. Didn't know it was locked till you said something, but didn't want to give you your money back so he deleted his account.
Post automatically merged:

EOF material now

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guessing it can't be Reset to Factory Settings, or Jailbroken

Yea if he locked out of the phone lol
Post automatically merged:

@AncientBoi yea that why when you buy/trade for an iphone off someone you need to check if it icloud enabled, if it has an icloud account on it, don't trade/buy unless they remove it.

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well iirc, you had to connect the iPhone to the pc and run iTunes, to get it to boot into recovery mode, and with that it erases everything including iCloud, pass, data etc. but it unlocks it.
I don't remember the specifics, maybe do some research online..
That's how it was done a few years back, not sure if the same applies for new IPhones, iTunes & IOS versions etc.

Reactions: AncientBoi

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well iirc, you had to connect the iPhone to the pc and run iTunes, to get it to boot into recovery mode, and with that it erases everything including iCloud, pass, data etc. but it unlocks it.
I don't remember the specifics, maybe do some research online..
That's how it was done a few years back, not sure if the same applies for new IPhones, iTunes & IOS versions etc.
True. Been there done that. It worked then. Emphasis on then.

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

thanks in advance!
try this, https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/tIhGFPf9zYs?si=PuxpV4XF-g3-8rJt