PS1/2 I just got a PS1 and a PS2

Anous

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, after weeks of speculating, I've finally managed to get a really good deal on a ps1 and a ps2. The chap who had them sold them for barely anything. Both consoles, with some games, controllers, leads, memory cards, everything, for barely 35 pounds, or well, 350 Swedish kronors to be exact.

Now, I want to play back-ups, of course, while I build my collection! Both consoles are "fat".

It seems like the best thing for the PS1 is a PS-X-CHANGE V2 disc, as it would circumvent all modchipping etcetera etcetera. Do anyone know if there is any easier way, or where I can get one of these discs?(please, no disc swapping methods where you have to switch several times and crap.)
With the PS2, I am still pretty puzzled. What would you chaps recommend? I don't want to tear the console open everytime I play games, and I don't really know how to solder crap. Any ideas?

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i play ps1 games on my ps2 with the swap disk method, and its just put a ps1 game in when the logo come up take the game out and use a backup its easy, its works for imports and back ups.
for ps2 it depends on the model you have. if you have a v18 model(9000x) the you can use a mod chip or swapmagic(what i have)
but if its a v17 or lower you can use a modchip, swap magic or free mcboot.
if you don't know what free mcboot is, its a soft mod,thats installed on to your mem card, that tricks your ps2 to thing that it is booting a dvd movie when its really booting a game backup(but the isos are patched)

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the PS2, I am still pretty puzzled. What would you chaps recommend? I don't want to tear the console open everytime I play games, and I don't really know how to solder crap. Any ideas?
While im not to shabby about the ps1 modding scene i do know that you can play back ups of your ps2 through a couple of methods.
Although i have a slim ps2(Had) i played my back ups through disc with the help of Free MCBoot (FMCB)
This is a GBAtemp tutorial on how to mod your ps2
http://gbatemp.net/threads/freemcboot-faq-install-guide.292229/
And this is the site that also has some tutorials
http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/

rg

Trophies
XP
Country
You said you have a fat ps2, you should check out the Hard drive possibility, it increases the loading time allot!

allanj87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Installing Mcboot is stupid easy man i almost paid £20 for a memory card with it pre-installed, instead i borrowed my friends 007:agent under fire and managed to get mcboot installed first attempt, its a great program it can even run codebreaker off a usb drive for all you cheating bastards :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Now go take a shower @BakerMan . Phew +1