Hacking I just need a cheap flash cart that works...

MrOldboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, well I had a cyclo ds, but gave that ds lite along with the cyclo ds away as a gift to my cousin since it just stayed on my desk and never touched the thing.

Well a surplus of blockbuster credit has gotten me another DS and I need a cheap, not the best. A cheap (under $20) flash cart that gets the job done.

I see a lot of R4 sdhc blah blah on sites like dealextreme for like $6, look fake. http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.18311 or is it?

The Acekard 2i has tickled my fancy a bit, since it might be a good investment considering I may want to upgrade to a dsi later down the line, but then another cart will also be out as well. is this legit... http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.18728 ...or fake

I cant find a cyclods for under $40 anywhere. I really liked the cyclods, too bad.

someone just point me to a flash cart under $20 that doesn't have any compatibility issues. I dont need any fancy features, just something that works.

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
the acekard 2i is probably a good bet. good rom compatiblity, cheap, and DSi compatible should you upgrade in the future. One word of warning is that many people reported recieving them DOA or dying out in a week. The reports have abruptly died out though, and a new batch of the acekards were released so I think it's safe to assume that the problem has been fixed.

DealExtreme has the real stuff.

MrOldboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iwakura said:
the acekard 2i is probably a good bet. good rom compatiblity, cheap, and DSi compatible should you upgrade in the future. One word of warning is that many people reported recieving them DOA or dying out in a week. The reports have abruptly died out though, and a new batch of the acekards were released so I think it's safe to assume that the problem has been fixed.

DealExtreme has the real stuff.

So that link I put for the acekard 2i, that should work fine?

After checking out the available options I have, the acekard looks like the best bet for my basic needs.

MrOldboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think i am going with the acekard, but the 2 or 2i

does the 2i have any issues I should know about? is the 2 (2.1) more reliable?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.