Gaming I need a laptop for college

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
egh gaming laptops are just decent, but at the end of the day, its just a laptop.
Get some something that you can use for "school" and keep gaming elsewhere.

As far as this one goes, its pretty good in terms of what youll need it for.

Dangy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BortzANATOR said:
egh gaming laptops are just decent, but at the end of the day, its just a laptop.
Get some something that you can use for "school" and keep gaming elsewhere.

As far as this one goes, its pretty good in terms of what youll need it for.

Not heavy gaming, at all. Just stuff like TF2, Minecraft. Most likely Skyrim when it comes out.

Dangy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nexus1556 said:

That would be fine, but it's out of stock. I need more suggestions.
ohnoes.png

marcus134

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
About the Dell, 17 inches are generally a bad choice when it comes to laptop since they tend to be bulky and heavy. Also they consume more power and, in classrooms, power outlets aren't always easily available.

With those concerns, the Lenovo seems to be a better choice. If you want to compare the video card, the 6570 is about as strong as a 540m, so it's better when it comes to gaming.
http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD...0M.41479.0.html

you can also look at those two:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16834230074
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16834214414

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
17" laptops are only a bad choice if your concern is portability. If you're using them as a desktop replacement, then they're far better than 15" laptops. The bigger screen makes all the difference when working on it for university. Then again, if you get a secondary monitor, then the size of the laptop doesn't matter at all.

Dangy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't mind having a 17" screen.

In terms of which is a better bang-for-your buck type thing, would the Lenovo be better? All my past computers have been Dell's, so I'm not really sure of the quality Lenovo's computers.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
4GB RAM will be enough for what you are planning to do. Don't even look at anything higher, much smarter to invest in a better CPU.
Also, think about investing in a cooling pad (or building one yourself) because a laptop really really isn't made for gaming. I've had mine for a year, and even though it's slightly better than my desktop PC, I end up gaming all the time on the latter. Laptop just gets too hot for my liking, shortening it's life expectancy.

Dangy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
4GB RAM will be enough for what you are planning to do. Don't even look at anything higher, much smarter to invest in a better CPU.
Also, think about investing in a cooling pad (or building one yourself) because a laptop really really isn't made for gaming. I've had mine for a year, and even though it's slightly better than my desktop PC, I end up gaming all the time on the latter. Laptop just gets too hot for my liking, shortening it's life expectancy.

I'm already getting an i7, and it's pretty hard to find an i7 with anything below 6GB of RAM. I'm not going to be doing any 'core' gaming on it. Just the occasional Minecraft, and Team Fortress.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdMSPaHhmbI +1