Hacking I need a new case

MR_COW

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So a piece of my NDS Lite's hinge cracked off, and nintendo told me I need to pay 50$ to get it fixed. I don't really want too...

So what should I do? What type are cases are out there, I'm only aware of Shock! cases, and I know these aren't the best.....but are they worth it? Are there other cases out there?

So whats your opinion, pay 50 for a new nintendo case, or 35 for a shock.

Regiiko

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nintendo can't be fucked to update their DS line with more secure cases.

Personally, I'd recommend getting a Shock! or a better one out there. I don't have experience in this field, so I would ALSO wait for someone else who has experienced the same thing posts here
tongue.gif

TheBlueStylus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a SHOCK! it isn't worth it at all, you'll put it on, a few days later its cracked on the hinge. I ended up putting back the white case. Also shock cases aren't glossy if you didn't already know, and also the colored cases are just the clear cases, with paint on them, that isn't painted well. If you hold up the finished product to bright light, you can see silhouettes of the innards. Also the plastic supports inside the case that keep the case more rigid, you can see where they have been molded on from the out side of the case. Putting them on the first time is hard because the screw holes have not been bored out well, and thus you can end up trashing the thing before you get it on. For 40$ its better to go on ebay or find someone who broke their DS Lite. There are no other alternatives for a new case yet. If you google NDS Lite parts or something of that sort, you can find an Illlinois company selling "original parts" of the DS Lite, price is high, site is iffy, I don't really trust em.

Godot0102

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the Magnum shock cases might be better than the plain shock case. The plain shock cases dont have a acrylic shell to protect them. What I like about shock cases the most is the buttons, much more softer than the original ds buttons.

The screws wont fit into certain shock parts. True you can see the shell is almost see through but thats so the color can be seen in any light. I have a navy ds lite, it looks just like the black ds lite indoors but outdoors in the sun its vibrant blue.

Hori sells protector shells in different colors for ds , these should be good for Shock users for added protection.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.