Picahacker_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know where to post this...
my mom says that if i want to continue doing 3ds homebrew, I need a mentor to meet me IRL. seriously. so, anyone in the Springfield, MA area willing and able to help an autistic kid do some homebrew?
please...

Picahacker_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for those of you who didn't read my "Mom is anti-homebrew, help" thread, i am being 100% serious.

Picahacker_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wut do you mean? i need an IRL mentor to show my mom that homebrew is 100% safe.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
she want to verify that person is still free and not in jail?
(it's a joke. I've read your other thread where you mixed homebrew with piracy, and your mother is not allowing you for a good reason)

I sometime would like to become an IRL mentor and teach what I know to other people, but I don't know how to do it. at home it's not the best place (privacy and size issue), any other location (for an hypothetical created association) would require big enough space to host multiple people, with different consoles, devices, computers, etc.
I would also like to teach how to develop (not just hack). making homebrew is nice.
I would like to pass my knowledge, but this time to people near me instead of internet forums.

Last edited by Cyan,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i first thought that was real :toot:
thought!?! ... no ... he really made a thread about his mother denying him an r4i that he wanted for cfw because she is "anit-homebrew"

op i am glad to see the extent of your determination and respect for your parents (i already told you i would get a prepaid card (or a paypal account) load it up with the money and send the card to a buds house or p.o. box . . . i mean you are already gonna use cfw to break copyright laws you may as well disobey but thats just my opinion) but i dont think introducing her to a random from the internet will sway her

YTElias

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thought!?! ... no ... he really made a thread about his mother denying him an r4i that he wanted for cfw because she is "anit-homebrew"

op i am glad to see the extent of your determination and respect for your parents (i already told you i would get a prepaid card (or a paypal account) load it up with the money and send the card to a buds house or p.o. box . . . i mean you are already gonna use cfw to break copyright laws you may as well disobey but thats just my opinion) but i dont think introducing her to a random from the internet will sway her
Oh no
Even the thing that the mother knows what homebrew is ._.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But homebrew is just homemade games, utilities, etc. It's all code written by homebrew coders/enthusiasts. It's what a single person does with it that makes it legal or not. Sounds like your mom doesn't have much moral faith in you to do the right thing, kid.

I will give it up to your mom though, she's on her game. My mom was oblivious to anything videogame related, including homebrew. I was a rebel though. :evil:

Be a rebel and do what wormdood said and go to Walmart/CVS/Walgreens/Target and buy a prepaid Visa card, it's essentially a gift card you can use anywhere, for anything, even online. Put $25 bucks on one and buy an R4i Gold 3DS RTS online.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agree with the above. Get a job, get your own money, buy what you like.
a job . . . he is too young. legally one needs to be 16 to work in the usa . . . but he could still sign up for a site that pays you to view ads (earnhoney, swagbucks, ect) to get the money

Last edited by wormdood,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I used to live like 20 minutes away from Springfield Mass. Although I am pretty sure your mom really shouldn't be so cool with having you meet a random person from the internet. Seems like a bit of an extreme leap in logic here. "Don't hack your systems! But it's fine of some random person comes over to teach you how to hack it."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Spend 50 hours playing the game