Neato Burrito!
OP
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so firstly, I'm just gonna start this whole story of fuckshit at the beginning.
About 3 days ago, my switch's Homebrew SD card corrupted itself, so I used disk drill to salvage what I could, including a "back up" of the EmuMMC partition.

Problem is though, the back up is a FRIGGIN' DMG!
And seeing how I only have Windows/Linux machines on hand... I can't seem to get my saves out of it..

And before someone says "just use transmac to restore the image to the partition", believe you me, I tried. And to no avail, since it'll only ever restore DMGs to the ENTIRE DISK and NOT a specific partition.

So, can someone tell me how I could at least get the saves out in a format that can be used with JKSV?
I'd provide the DMG, buuuut....
1. That'd probably count as Warez
2. It's 29.8 friggin' gigabytes. You think I can upload THAT wish only 15 megabits TOPS?

Anyway, thank you in advance to anyone who helps.
I've already made a new EmuMMC just bc I don't want a brewless switch, but I at least want my old saves because I do NOT feel like replaying portal 1 and half of portal 2. Or re-100%'ing Bowser's Fury! Even if some of the cats in that game look just like me..

hika1i

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I think you need NxNandManager.

Open your DMG file by NxNandManager, and in configure the keset menu, import your switch's prod.keys.
Then you can see your save files in USER Partitions, just extract them or mount the partition, then you can do what you want.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I think you need NxNandManager.

Open your DMG file by NxNandManager, and in configure the keset menu, import your switch's prod.keys.
Then you can see your save files in USER Partitions, just extract them or mount the partition, then you can do what you want.
But that's the thing, NxNandManager can only open what it sees as actual connected disks, and I can't seem to find anything that'll let me mount the DMG or at least convert it to an ISO... but I guess using "open file" in NNM is worth a shot.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
1659376745232.png

HOLY FISH PASTE

hika1i

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
The tool:

Extract save from NAND backup​

(Search this in gbatemp. I don't have the permission to post reply with link.)
I tested on my switch, it works fine of decoding save files and can be import by Checkpoint.

hika1i

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
But that's the thing, NxNandManager can only open what it sees as actual connected disks, and I can't seem to find anything that'll let me mount the DMG or at least convert it to an ISO... but I guess using "open file" in NNM is worth a shot.
In fact the DMG created by disk drill is also a format of bit to bit stream, which is similar to nand backup binary file in hekate. So it can be read by NNM. But you still need the corresponding prod.keys, due to the nand partitions are encrypted.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
In fact the DMG created by disk drill is also a format of bit to bit stream, which is similar to nand backup binary file in hekate. So it can be read by NNM. But you still need the corresponding prod.keys, due to the nand partitions are encrypted.
I see. I ripped a fresh (sysnand) prod.keys via lockpick, (since i somehow lost the prev ripped keyset. dunno how!) and just made a "FULL NAND" backup from the DMG, then restored that full backup to the "fresh" emunand (idgac if its called emummc theyre the same thing tbh) via USB.
I know I could've just ripped and restored just the USER partition, but not doing a full restore felt... wrong.
Additionally is just kinda had a file copy error at the very end (while restoring the USER partition) but the emunand works perfectly so eh, crisis solved I guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/l6ek7TmdGE8?si=k_qXsn8Finqhz70P +1