I need your help.

Pick 1, 2 or 3

Results are only viewable after voting.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Let me guess. You want to prove that a vast majoeity will chose 2?

He could go beyond that actually... Choosing is something dependent on mood. He could even include Psychology in his test.

But if he's doing this just for he's teacher... well that's a five from me then. :P

Most of the times, limits are self imposed, and we need to see beyond our eyesight. See?, I like riddles, I've actually made a choice.

Reactions: VinsCool

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me guess. You want to prove that a vast majoeity will chose 2?
I'm not trying to prove anything. I would like to know which is chosen more often (there are other things as well, but I don't was to affect your answers.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Umm.. so if we can only choose 2 or 3, why is one a option? Click bait? :unsure:
That's a typo. Choose any of them.

kragzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i chose number 2, iirc i done something similar at school, and a certain number always comes out on top for some reason, it was a long time ago i done it, been left school 30 years :)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I picked 1, to prevent you having the natural random/probability curve
gauss.gif

(no idea what I'm talking about, I never learned probability in math, but I just thought it might be what you want to demonstrate).

Last edited by Cyan,

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I picked 1, to prevent you having the natural random/probability courb
(no idea what I'm talking about, I never learned probability in math, but I just thought it might be what you want to demonstrate).

You couldn't hide being French if you'd tried my friend, it's all in the language. Cheers!

Also, then the spoiler means I'm not an average human being? LOL

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah, I don't know the english word for courbe, and I invented the english one :lol:
edit: Curve! of course ! sometime I just forget words. *edit his original post*

Last edited by Cyan,

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cyan Sorry, but indeed a normal distribution is completely irrelevant in the case of this experience, in theory he should obtain equal proportions :P
in theory yes, but the human mind is anything but random. one will inevitably come out on top.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

hey @Cyan did you fix the error in the poll's name?

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not me, Issac did.
cool!

anyway, I'm starting to realize this may have been a bad pool. one of the goals was to see if the environment of the subjects affected seemingly random choices. but I need lots of people from the same place. gbatemp is a bad pool for that.
there is more to it than that, but I cant do anything until I get a proper pool. I'll ask one of my old teachers at a nearby school.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
maybe numbers are not the best choice if you want randomness?
people could choose based on order (incremental/decremental, count order), or based on the physical position (center, top, bottom), or numerical position (extremity, center)
I picked 1 to "not be the centered choice". My choice wasn't random, but based on a logical attempt to counter your test or expected result.

I think If you made people choose something else than a suit, it would be more random.
a basic form (cercle, square, triangle), different colors, etc., something they can't place in the poll's position itself. I think numbers are naturally seen as a position, and naturally contains a beginning and an end.

I don't know what you were really expecting, but if you really want numbers, and if your test didn't have to contain a begining/end, I think you should choose random numbers yourself (4 27 6 ?), don't write them in incremental or decremental order. people will choose based on the number, their choice or life's experience, but not on the position anymore. you remove one possible thing which could make people pick on logic instead of real randomness.

I'm not sure you'll follow my idea. sometime I have strange thoughts :P

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo