Gaming I want some info on Fire Emblem Fates

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awaking has no plot, no mechanics, no interesting characters and no fun:P It's easily one of the worst in the series, so while Fates doesn't really have good mechanics, it at least has plot and interesting characters, making it decent-good.

Btw, since this thread got bumped out of the blue, I'll ask some stuff...

1) I've seen people having a lot of (if not all) characters with the "Replicate" skill, but when I buy it, it doesn't show up... What's going on? It happens for other skills too at times.
Did you go to the Equip Skills menu option to see if it was there?

2) I know you need to get your character to be a specific class to get it if you go the long way around, but with so many classes, I don't know how to do it for everyone. I could do it for some like Kenzo because it was very simple, but can someone post a detailed class tree showing from what class you can go to what?
Kenzo...? Who is Kenzo? The Replicate skill is learned by Mechanists level 15 or higher. The Ninja and the Apothecary classes get access to the Mechanist class.

3) I tried playing versus and visiting the castle of that friend I mentioned in the OP who has the game too, but I got an error. Turns out, she apparently used PowerSaves (because she still lives under a rock and doesn't know CFW is a think if you want to cheat) and it would seem she's gotten partially banned from online because of it... She can visit castles and send feedback/gifts, but can't play versus and people can't visit her castle. Is there any way to fix it? Would deleting the old save and starting over work for her?
She doesn't need to start over. She just needs to inject a save file from before she did whatever changes she did to get her banned.

4) I've finished all 3 paths now and have 3 save files, if I start over a new one and save in one of the slots that read "Extra Data", will it require to backup the extra data if I want to backup the save from those extra slots?
Yes, you'll have to choose the Extra Data option when backing up your save files if you wish to back those up.

PS: Valla path is by far the best, you miss the goo Garon, but at least it's not entirely terrible:P However, that ending cutscene is SO damn cringey I felt like vomiting... "We swear to you", lol, who even speaks like that to their sister, let alone the king (queen since I played with a female character but oh well) of the strongest kingdom in the in-game world? And don't forget the weird and stupid reactions by the little sisters:rofl2:
LOL.

Answers to the questions are in bold.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
LOL.

Answers to the questions are in bold.
1) I did go to the equip screen as I've bought plenty of skills, but nothing there. You should take a hint that I'm not that much of a newbie by now:P

2) Meant Kaze, lol:rofl2: And I've seen people have Xander, Ryoma and the avatar with Replicate, so I want to know how to get it for those characters...

3) Inject a save file how? She's on OFW 11.6 and only has PowerSaves

4) Thanks for the clarification

VirgileVILE

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you want my opinion, Fates is a good game but a very bad Fire Emblem with shit story and lack of coherence. Awakening or Echoes are better 3DS choices. FE4 on SNES is a master piece and the GBA and NGC titles are also very good.

Last edited by VirgileVILE,
Reactions: Chetti

ThoD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
If you want my opinion, Fates is a good game but a very bad Fire Emblem with shit story and lack of coherence. Awakening or Echoes are better 3DS choices. FE4 on SNES is a master piece and the GBA and NGC titles are also very good.
I don't want your opinion:P This is about Fates specifically since I needed some stuff answered about it. I've already said that I hate the new ones and that the GBA ones were the best (played all of them, even the Japan-exclusive one)... I started Fates because a friend suggested it and because I was looking for something to play I hadn't already, that's all there is to it.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) I did go to the equip screen as I've bought plenty of skills, but nothing there. You should take a hint that I'm not that much of a newbie by now:P

2) Meant Kaze, lol:rofl2: And I've seen people have Xander, Ryoma and the avatar with Replicate, so I want to know how to get it for those characters...

3) Inject a save file how? She's on OFW 11.6 and only has PowerSaves

4) Thanks for the clarification
1. Any bought skills will be added to that character's skill pool. You should be able to find that in the Equip Skills menu and I cannot tell you why you cannot do that. An alternate method is to use FEFTwiddler (Fates save editor) and select what Skills you want.
2. The only way to legitimately get those skills is to buy them from people who have them, have Xander marry a female avatar with Ninja as the talent and use a partner seal on Xander to get Ninja. For Ryoma, have him A+ Saizo and use a Friendship seal to get Ninja. For the avatar, males need to get A rank with Saizo/Kaze or have Ninja talent, females need to marry Yukimura (non-Rev routes), Saizo or Kaze or have the Ninja talent.
3. Then she's probably better off starting over.

Reactions: ThoD

ThoD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
1. Any bought skills will be added to that character's skill pool. You should be able to find that in the Equip Skills menu and I cannot tell you why you cannot do that. An alternate method is to use FEFTwiddler (Fates save editor) and select what Skills you want.
2. The only way to legitimately get those skills is to buy them from people who have them, have Xander marry a female avatar with Ninja as the talent and use a partner seal on Xander to get Ninja. For Ryoma, have him A+ Saizo and use a Friendship seal to get Ninja. For the avatar, males need to get A rank with Saizo/Kaze or have Ninja talent, females need to marry Yukimura (non-Rev routes), Saizo or Kaze or have the Ninja talent.
3. Then she's probably better off starting over.
1) If I go the save editor way I can just use the NTR plugin to allow any skills I want:P Could it be that there are illegal skills and those aren't trasferred?
2) I see... I still can't understand how to effectively raise the ranks between characters (only have the avatar and Jakob S ranked and 2-3 others) as the option for them to interact hardly ever appears:/ Also, can you explain the marriage system a bit and how it works as I've never bothered with it?
3) Tough luck I guess, at least she's good at it so it shouldn't take her long to beat

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) If I go the save editor way I can just use the NTR plugin to allow any skills I want:P Could it be that there are illegal skills and those aren't trasferred?
2) I see... I still can't understand how to effectively raise the ranks between characters (only have the avatar and Jakob S ranked and 2-3 others) as the option for them to interact hardly ever appears:/ Also, can you explain the marriage system a bit and how it works as I've never bothered with it?
3) Tough luck I guess, at least she's good at it so it shouldn't take her long to beat
1) It depends on what skills you bought. Theoretically, any character can have any skill.
2) The marriage system is a bit funky. Some characters have a fast rank up and a normal rank up. For example, Ryoma and Kagero have a fast rank up. You pair them up in battle, have them battle and KO enemies, and their relationship will increase faster than say Ryoma and Rinkah, who have a normal rank rate, iirc. Basically you just have to have your characters battle together a lot for the events to occur. You can use any Seeds of Trust you come across to make it go a little faster.

ThoD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
1) It depends on what skills you bought. Theoretically, any character can have any skill.
2) The marriage system is a bit funky. Some characters have a fast rank up and a normal rank up. For example, Ryoma and Kagero have a fast rank up. You pair them up in battle, have them battle and KO enemies, and their relationship will increase faster than say Ryoma and Rinkah, who have a normal rank rate, iirc. Basically you just have to have your characters battle together a lot for the events to occur. You can use any Seeds of Trust you come across to make it go a little faster.
After so much farming I've done to max out everyone's levels, I've got a TON of Seeds of Trust, so I'll just go with those! Now if only it was possible to not get your level reset all the time when changing classes... Most my characters are already at like lv 45+, such a waste...

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After so much farming I've done to max out everyone's levels, I've got a TON of Seeds of Trust, so I'll just go with those! Now if only it was possible to not get your level reset all the time when changing classes... Most my characters are already at like lv 45+, such a waste...
I don't think there's a way to get around that unfortunately. I can definitely understand your pain though.

ThoD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I don't think there's a way to get around that unfortunately. I can definitely understand your pain though.
Guess I'll have to resort to my dear old friend, a NTR plugin to speed up levelling:P Thanks for the answers btw!

Reactions: KunoichiZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer