Hacking I want to give my 3.60 Enso OLED Vita to a friend, can I Factory Reset? A few question!

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would like to pass my second OLED Vita to a friend, it's currently running Henkaku Enso 3.60 with a SD2Vita setup. My friend wants to keep using SD2Vita so I ordered a second one and we'll be using a 32gb microSD but I have a few questions about the process.

1: Can I just Factory Reset the Vita and will Enso everything SD2Vita related keep working? I have the plugins installed to UR0: I assume I would have to reinstall Vita Shell though?

2: Would a dual memory setup work? I want my friend to be able to use both the SD2Vita and physical games still with a 8gb Vita Memory Card. So when they want to play a physical game they would just shut-down the Vita, pop-out the SD2Vita, put the physical game in, the 8GB Memory Card takes over and then once they are done, they swap the physical game for the SD2Vita again. I assume I would need to adjust the SD2Vita plugin somehow?

3: Anything else I should keep in mind?

Thanks for help in advance! :)

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Enso (assuming you're using the official one and not a variant) will be disabled, just reinstall vitashell from a QCMA backup of that app (you can generate one from scratch with psvimgtools), reinstall the Enso installer and use it, etc

(Most of a factory reset is erasing ur0, plus the activation files in tm0, the settings in another partition...)

There are different drivers supporting the sd2vita (none of which are called "sd2vita" iirc), the "official" one (gamesd) does your desired setup out of the box (use sd2vita as ux0, if that fails use memory card, if that fails use internal media partition if it exists)

Last edited by Ryccardo,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you do a system restore, it won't get rid of enso. I had to do that to erase my account. 3.60 is a good firmware to be on when doing something like this, which is why I did system restore (while still on 3.60) before updating to 3.65 enso (where I am now).

SkyDX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Enso (assuming you're using the official one and not a variant) will be disabled, just reinstall vitashell from a QCMA backup of that app (you can generate one from scratch with psvimgtools), reinstall the Enso installer and use it, etc

(Most of a factory reset is erasing ur0, plus the activation files in tm0, the settings in another partition...)

There are different drivers supporting the sd2vita (none of which are called "sd2vita" iirc), the "official" one (gamesd) does your desired setup out of the box (use sd2vita as ux0, if that fails use memory card, if that fails use internal media partition if it exists)

Alright that's good to know. So will my friend be able to activate the Vita with their PSN account aslong as I enable PSN-spoofing? And hmm I don't really get the part about Vitashell and QCMA? Couldn't I just load up the Henkaku webpage and install it like that? I mean it's on 3.60 and Enso stays right?

if you do a system restore, it won't get rid of enso. I had to do that to erase my account. 3.60 is a good firmware to be on when doing something like this, which is why I did system restore (while still on 3.60) before updating to 3.65 enso (where I am now).

Thanks for the info! :)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright that's good to know. So will my friend be able to activate the Vita with their PSN account aslong as I enable PSN-spoofing? And hmm I don't really get the part about Vitashell and QCMA? Couldn't I just load up the Henkaku webpage and install it like that? I mean it's on 3.60 and Enso stays right?

qcma is a precaution. I have every game on my computer in case I need them. and, vita shell is part of my internal memory. however, I believe you need an account for qcma, so once your friend takes hold of the system, he might need to sign in to psn to get his act.dat. make sure he's spoofed and all precautions have taken place. though, I've never heard of someone being banned on the vita unless they were cheating. you just want to avoid that annoying "update" message.

SkyDX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
qcma is a precaution. I have every game on my computer in case I need them. and, vita shell is part of my internal memory. however, I believe you need an account for qcma, so once your friend takes hold of the system, he might need to sign in to psn to get his act.dat. make sure he's spoofed and all precautions have taken place. though, I've never heard of someone being banned on the vita unless they were cheating. you just want to avoid that annoying "update" message.

Alright so we could skip the QCMA part for now? And yeah I have to tell them to backup their act.dat thanks for reminding me!

They never had a Vita before and only have some physical games for now so we're basically starting 100% fresh.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as with any system, you should read a lot of stuff before hacking or exploiting it. that will save you from headaches if something goes wrong. personally, I feel like the vita is one of the easier systems to exploit. almost everything can be done easily with the vita and no pc. however, I would make a backup of everything. I dumped all of the important files that I know of:

upload_2020-1-11_5-23-35.png

SkyDX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
as with any system, you should read a lot of stuff before hacking or exploiting it. that will save you from headaches if something goes wrong. personally, I feel like the vita is one of the easier systems to exploit. almost everything can be done easily with the vita and no pc. however, I would make a backup of everything. I dumped all of the important files that I know of:

View attachment 192977

Thanks! I'm not new to Vita hacking, I have a fully hacked Vita 2000 with SD2 Vita myself, my trouble is just how to properly factory reset my Vita 1000 for a friend. All data on there is irrelevant for me really.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you want to get everything back to stock, you'll need to uninstall enso through the installer than reflash the system with 3.60 ofw. system restore should format the memory card.

SkyDX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
if you want to get everything back to stock, you'll need to uninstall enso through the installer than reflash the system with 3.60 ofw. system restore should format the memory card.

Well I want to restore everything and use a brand-new memory-card but keep Enso. Can I just factory reset and then simply reinstall the VitaShell Package over the Henkaku website?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't remember. you should keep a backup of your plugins just in case. when I rebuilt the database, I think the only thing that was affected was the config.txt. however, restoring the system may wipe everything. you need to do that to get rid of an account completely.

SkyDX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't remember. you should keep a backup of your plugins just in case. when I rebuilt the database, I think the only thing that was affected was the config.txt. however, restoring the system may wipe everything. you need to do that to get rid of an account completely.

Alright, I'll tackle this later today, thanks for all the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kinda feeling like that remix of the perfect cell theme