I was almost robbed

Cuelhu

GBATemp's Pepelatz Driver
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was walking my dog and some guy came to me asking where was some school near here. I said where it was and when I left him behind, he came after me and showed something inside his pants that resembled a gun.

"Give me your cell." He threatened shooting my leg if I run and said he was high. I was so nervous that I couldn't barely talk. I said that I had no cellphone (lies, was listening to music on my N95-2 lol) and he asked what I was listening music on.

We were in front of a residential building and at this time lots of people go jogging here so he let me go.
I talked with some people about this (always looking if someone was pursuing me) and passed at a small local police station. Described the guy to the officers and went home.

My dog is a pussy, only barks to birds, cats, horses, motorcycles, buses and trucks. When it comes to real stuff, she don't do anything.
glare.gif

At least I'm safe and sound. And with my cell.
yay.gif

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If someone has a gun and isn't bluffing, give him the damn phone. Personally I'd rather have my leg than my cell phone if I had to pick. Lucky you were in a populated area, though.

MrCooper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I once had something close to that. I was riding my bike and a man jumped out of the bushes next to me. I instantly got scared (even though I did not know his intentions) and punched straight in the head(somewhere near his eye). Then he hit the ground, I went on my marry way and a couple seconds later he got up and screamed "WHAT THE FUCK!?" I did not reply.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
PeregrinFig said:
If someone has a gun and isn't bluffing, give him the damn phone. Personally I'd rather have my leg than my cell phone if I had to pick. Lucky you were in a populated area, though.
I would have gone for the phone too. Besides, who is bothered by losing a leg or too? But seriously, he wouldn't have shot. If he did everyone would have heard it and he would have probably been in a lot more trouble.

Cuelhu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was too nervous and didn't know what to do. And there is many people passing in the area so he couldn't do anything suspect.

Besides he probably didn't have any gun, that thing must be a scare.
unsure.gif

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
MrCooper said:
I once had something close to that. I was riding my bike and a man jumped out of the bushes next to me. I instantly got scared (even though I did not know his intentions) and punched straight in the head(somewhere near his eye). Then he hit the ground, I went on my marry way and a couple seconds later he got up and screamed "WHAT THE FUCK!?" I did not reply.
Wait, that was you?!?

Cuelhu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
pyrmon24 said:
MrCooper said:
Wait, that was you?!?
rofl.gif

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Well to be pointed by a gun is an experience you don´t forget ever.

But don´t be stupid, a cellphone while might pricey and stuff, doesnt count if you´re dead or half.

Next time be careful, when someone´s high its capable of everything.

And, glad to read you´re fine now. Be on your guard!

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
PeregrinFig said:

At least he threaten him to shoot him in the leg, here in Venezuela the guy would have just out straightly killed him.
I'd say you're quite lucky to have come out unharmed. this can work as a lesson, do not use your MP4/Cellphone/Ipod/Blackberry out in the streets..

My brother got robbed that way. except, his happened in the night. and the street was lonely. so it was an easy cake for the robber :/ and the dude put the gun in his chest. I guess that pointing to his heart.

I am glad to know that nothing happened to you.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Some guy tried to rob me but the only valuable thing I had on me were some textbooks (was walking home from school, and I keep my DS/PSP at my buddies house across the street from school). I was pretty much certain his "gun" wasn't a real gun, and he wouldn't believe I had nothing of value so I finally got annoyed and said "Show me your gun or get the fuck out of my way, I told you have nothing to give."
I guess realizing I was a lost cause he just walked away very pissed off.

Not something I recommend doing outside of Canada...which is why I don't ever plan on leaving >_> i'd probably die.

Anyways sounds like you handled the situation fine. I mean, most people will say "shoulda just given him the phone instead of taking a chance.", but I think bluffing has its moments.
Though, careful out there. There are some really fucking stupid people out there, and depending where you live, those fucking stupid people can get a gun pretty easy.

and lol. My dog would probably knaw someones leg off if they tried to rob me. He's a very good judge of character...and stupidly brave, even though he's just a small dog.

Cuelhu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Coto said:
Well to be pointed by a gun is an experience you don´t forget ever.

But don´t be stupid, a cellphone while might pricey and stuff, doesnt count if you´re dead or half.

Next time be careful, when someone´s high its capable of everything.

And, glad to read you´re fine now. Be on your guard!
he didn't pointed the gun. It was inside his pants like this:
gun-pants.jpg

but way inside. He would have some trouble trying to pick it up. (It was not a tattoo, just couldn't find a better pic.)

And it's not only my cellphone, it's all the data. I don't want anyone to see my pics and such.
smileipb2.png

Thank you all, guys. I'm still a little nervous xD.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
MrCooper said:
you win the thread

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Thank goodness you're all right. That was certainly one of the closer shaves I've heard.
ohmy.gif

It's odd how strangely one can find themselves reacting to a robbery. It's easy to speculate how one should act in a situation like that, but it's always much harder to carry out those speculations in the actual scenario (in my experience, at least). For instance, I had always planned on remaining calm and analyzing the situation rationally if the occasion would ever arise, but on the day I had a close encounter with some rogue ruffian on the street one day, I found myself involuntarily panicked and shaken. In retrospect, I acted very irrationally, but I simply couldn't help myself at the time.
biggrin.gif

Given the situation, I'd say you acted very well, Cuelhu! Better than the cowardice and haste yours truly would have expressed, anyway.
tongue.gif

...But as long as we're on the subject of discussing the ideal robbery behavior, you certainly lucked out a bit. From your description, you could have very well ended up parting with your cell phone, or your leg... Or both!
ohmy.gif
Guns is srs bznssx, brah.

Cuelhu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
normally my mind is a mess when I'm walking my dog. I just can't focus, this guy appeared asking about that school and I was still inside my thoughts and a bit worried about the cockroaches. It was a shock when he said he wanted my cell and I didn't got it at first. He said it quickly, I heard but I could not grasp. And I didn't really thought of my cell, the answer just came to my lips.

From now on I'm just gonna ignore anyone on the street. Being kind to random strangers these days doesn't pay off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...