Hacking RELEASE I was downgrading firmware using choidujour NX and Now switch wont boot into ofw

MaskedWarriah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I was downgrading firmware using choidujour NX and now the console will only boot up via atmosphere. Any ideas on how to fix? I downgraded to 5.1 but I recently upgraded yo 6.2 via the nintendo servers (Sorry that it says release! I made a mistake)

Last edited by MaskedWarriah,

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
You most likely have autorcm activated that's why. You might want to disable it to boot normally, however be mindful of your fuses when doing this.
Also pay attention to the tag of your future posts cause it says "RELEASE" while this looks like a help thread. Maybe you could request from a mod to edit that bit.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was downgrading firmware using choidujour NX and now the console will only boot up via atmosphere. Any ideas on how to fix?

Find out how many fuses you have burnt using the bricmii payload (https://switchtools.sshnuke.net/). If it's more than for the version you downgraded to (https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Fuses#Anti-downgrade) Then you can't boot without going through RCM.

If you don't have more fuses burned, then you probably just have AutoRCM enabled. You can just go through choidujournx again and deselect autorcm.

I have 5 fuses burned, so I can only boot 4.x without using a dongle.

Last edited by smf,

MaskedWarriah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I m
Your FW requires fewer fuses than your currently have. And because it cant unburn them, it wont boot.
Or you have autorcm and you always boot to RCM.
Nice release btw.
Sorry, mustve accientally clicked release, Im now on FW 6.2. Is there anyway to get it back working again? Sorry for the noob question

Notnagel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
onlyfuchs.rf.gd
XP
Country
Germany
So just to be sure: You are at 5.1 atm and want to be on 6.2, richt?

Just boot the Hetake payload and update your Switch (I would use ChoiDujourNX, but just using the normal Update should work since Fuses are already burned)

Edit: If you are on 6.2, just turn off auto-RCM Hetake should let you do that. Or even briccmii

Last edited by Notnagel,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL