Hardware I was right about Switch's WiFi.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
How many Wi-fi signals are close by? When I was in Job Corps, practically everyone had a hotspot open on their phones and it made my Wii U gamepad desync like crazy.
This is why I ran a wire to my office. So many wireless networks in a 100yd radius.

Last edited by Kioku,
Reactions: DarthDub

x3n0

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why would one need 100 Mbps = 12,5 MB/s on a gaming machine?

Playing Splatoon 2 online uses up about 150 MB an hour so theoretically 0,05 MB/s or 0,4 Mbps should be enough (unless I miscalculated).

D

Deleted User

so you dont have any neighbours who also have routers?
Thick walls, so you dont pickup their wifi signal from my room. You will be able to find them from the living room, but the router my switch is connected to is in my room.

EDIT: Seems like i pickup 1 signal from the neighbours, and its on an other wifi channel.

Last edited by ,

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Works perfectly for me on 2.4ghz and 5ghz networks. Try 5ghz if your router supports it, a whole lot less interference, albeit at the cost of range, especially through walls.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I've commented that certain people should upgrade their routers, but you don't need blazing internet speeds for Switch. It's just a lot better to have a 5GHz band for Switch and any other compatible devices.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, Not sure if I was in that thread. I have no problems with my wifi, I have over 50 MBPS download and over 20MBPS upload, with 3 bars, over 20 feet range. So I can't really comment, nor will i say is anyone fault.

Using 5GHZ on trendnet ac17590 router doing fine for me. Though my ps3 and ps4 both have poor connections on 2.4GHZ so maybe is a router compatibility? :ninja:

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
How many Wi-fi signals are close by? When I was in Job Corps, practically everyone had a hotspot open on their phones and it made my Wii U gamepad desync like crazy.
Which Job Corps did you go to? I went to Tongue Point, in Astoria Oregon from 2002 to 2003. One of the best years of my life. ^_^

AshleyCummings

Gamer Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I plan on getting a Switch down the line I have my Router Set on N would that improve the situation I have been seeing around with the wifi?
I know you can set up as ether Mixed, G, G and N, N settings..

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I plan on getting a Switch down the line I have my Router Set on N would that improve the situation I have been seeing around with the wifi?
I know you can set up as ether Mixed, G, G and N, N settings..

I seriously doubt it. Also, bear in mind that if you have any older devices that don't support N they won't be able to connect.

The Switch's networking is crap. Both wired and wireless. It all depends on if the Switch "likes" your router. Even if it does, expect the Switch to perform worse than any other device on your network.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: The only link I've been able to find for my version is here...