Hacking Hardware Homebrew If I already have a switch that is unhacked, should I let my hacked switch get banned so that I don't need to deal with an emunand?

AphX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have 2 nintendo switches, a v1.5 switch and a v1 switch. The v1 switch is hacked and I'm having some technical difficulties with my emunand. Would it be simpler to just let it get banned and then use the other switch for online stuff? Thanks!

I'm new to this sort of stuff, so if there is something that I don't understand then please bear with me.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 nintendo switches, a v1.5 switch and a v1 switch. The v1 switch is hacked and I'm having some technical difficulties with my emunand. Would it be simpler to just let it get banned and then use the other switch for online stuff? Thanks!

I'm new to this sort of stuff, so if there is something that I don't understand then please bear with me.

There is no V1.5

AphX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Well just checked and turns out I'm banned anyways! Can't say I wasn't expecting it lol

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
emuNANDs do not only serve as "ban protection", they are also used so that you do no system modification and eventually f up your sysNAND.
I'd always use one, regardless of being banned.

AphX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's a lame idea to try to save some minute amount of storage on SD

if you have propensity to fuck up your nand doing it on sysnand is kind of crazy.
I wasn't doing it to save space, I just was having trouble with my emuNAND. I fixed the issue now though, so I appreciate the response! I didn't plan on doing anything huge in terms of modifying my switch so I assumed that I wouldn't need an emuNAND, but I guess I will use one after the responses I've received on this thread. Thanks!

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't doing it to save space, I just was having trouble with my emuNAND. I fixed the issue now though, so I appreciate the response! I didn't plan on doing anything huge in terms of modifying my switch so I assumed that I wouldn't need an emuNAND, but I guess I will use one after the responses I've received on this thread. Thanks!
setting up emunand is just a few button press on hekate and a few munites of Switch's compute time

AphX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
setting up emunand is just a few button press on hekate and a few munites of Switch's compute time
I know it is, I was just having some issues with it. I've already set up emuNAND several times before. What I meant is that my emuNAND (due to a mistake on my end where I tried to transfer games from my sysNAND to emuNAND) ended up uninstalling the games on both NAND's, so I fixed it by just homebrewing the console again. I didn't mean to say it was difficult to install emuNAND. I'm only clarifying this as you seem to be saying that I lack technical prowess to set up an emuNAND. Apologies if I interpreted your tone wrong.

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a V2 and OLED, both are running cfw on sysnand. I have a backup of each for any catastrophic failures. I don't find any value in Nintendo's online services and as such don't care if they get banned. IMO the emmc is a much more reliable piece of hardware than a microsd. I don't have to worry about microsd corruption eliminating my save games and can get some performance boost by installing games on the emmc. I see little value in an emunand unless you're trying to save OFW for online things. People pull the "you could corrupt your sysnand" card but this is easy to get around, if you're going to do something sketchy with your sysnand, make a backup first.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it is, I was just having some issues with it. I've already set up emuNAND several times before. What I meant is that my emuNAND (due to a mistake on my end where I tried to transfer games from my sysNAND to emuNAND) ended up uninstalling the games on both NAND's, so I fixed it by just homebrewing the console again. I didn't mean to say it was difficult to install emuNAND. I'm only clarifying this as you seem to be saying that I lack technical prowess to set up an emuNAND. Apologies if I interpreted your tone wrong.
when you clone the sysnand you get everything automatically, the only thing you need to know is that the nintendo folder is at a different place for emunand, copy that folder and you will have identical behavior in both in the beginning until you make changes which off course will make them diverge. If you want to just use the emunand only then just move the folder which takes split second to do
Post automatically merged:

I have a V2 and OLED, both are running cfw on sysnand. I have a backup of each for any catastrophic failures. I don't find any value in Nintendo's online services and as such don't care if they get banned. IMO the emmc is a much more reliable piece of hardware than a microsd. I don't have to worry about microsd corruption eliminating my save games and can get some performance boost by installing games on the emmc. I see little value in an emunand unless you're trying to save OFW for online things. People pull the "you could corrupt your sysnand" card but this is easy to get around, if you're going to do something sketchy with your sysnand, make a backup first.
never hear of emunand corruption, only exfat corruption which is just a matter of time

making backup is kind of lame, just let the sysnand be the backup and all problem solved without lifting a finger.

as to emmc being faster I have no idea if that is so, but it is of little consequence as most of the game will end up on SD anyway.

Last edited by TomSwitch,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel