If (X) wanted to buy GBATemp would the Admins sell it?

DeoNaught

I'm here to steal memes and break dreams
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
maybe this is what they want
upload_2018-1-30_22-7-23.jpeg

Reactions: ThoD

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Would this offer include a no compete clause?

I am sure if "could retire on this" money was offered and everybody could bugger off and found switchinfinity.sexy then Shaun and Costello would have their second private islands and we would all go sort that out. Only p1ngpong's cat was foolish enough to sign a contract for here so you would then likely have to restaff.
Lacking the legacy posts might be a tough one but we have populated whole sections before, might even be better as some of the stickies and guides are a bit long in the tooth.

Always a good question at these points.
If you were boss man what rules would you change and to what? What would you attempt to do that is not done, or not done much, now? What would you stop doing as much of? What modifications would you make to the forum software? What services and networks would you open or play up? What current services and presences would you close or allow to wither?

Be aware that forums are surprisingly fragile things when considering your responses to those.

D

Deleted User

Only if Disney or Microsoft offer billions for it.
Then they could create a new site named switchtemp.com that would be legally distinct.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only if Disney or Microsoft offer billions for it.
Then they could create a new site named switchtemp.com that would be legally distinct.
Switchtemp? With the site's current state, I'd bet it'd be called PS4temp.

D

Deleted User

If GBAtemp was sold I'd leave. The new owners probably wouldn't side with me when asking questions like this. And it was a very serious question.

MeowMeowMeow

S̈͊ͣ̎̍͋͟eͩ͊ͨ̂ͫ̐ͬ͟n̆ͨp͒ͪ̿̔aͤͬ̄ͩͨ͗̔iͧ̽ͤ
Trophies
D̀͌̀e̵ͧk̷u̾̂ͨ͗̾͊̚ ͥ̈ͤ̎̒̓T͊ͬ͜rͨ̌̔͂́e͂̌ͩͦ̃͜eͬͪ̄͝
XP
Country
Netherlands
Who would buy a forum about console hacking, though? Even if the user traffic would be appealing, there would need to be significant changes to the cores of the forum that would drive most of the active userbase away.
Nintendo:) to ban us all

Reactions: DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So lets just say some company wanted to buy GBATemp for a lot of money would the admins sell it?
No. After all this time, they are trying to "Stay independant." If they get bought, we probably wouldn't be allowed to talk about hacking, provide piracy programs (ones that require an important something to function, of course), or have anything to do with Flashcarts. But we have good sponsors, they probably won't turn to that, hopefully.

Reactions: DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No. After all this time, they are trying to "Stay independant." If they get bought, we probably wouldn't be allowed to talk about hacking, provide piracy programs (ones that require an important something to function, of course), or have anything to do with Flashcarts. But we have good sponsors, they probably won't turn to that, hopefully.
It depends if you were an admin of a site would you rather give the site to some one else and get a ton of money or keep things the way they are.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol