OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
QUOTE said:
IGN: This is pretty much a fresh start for the DS platform. It's backwards-compatible, but the new games' graphics are vastly improved. They don't look like DS graphics. I'm wondering how much of a fresh start this is when it comes to user experiences -- you have a Home Button that's similar to the Wii, for example. What sort of ideas are going into the user experience, outside of the games?

Konno: Outside of the software there are many things we are considering. Unfortunately at this stage it's very limited what we can talk about, but we're considering many things that will excite consumers.

Other than the 3D images, I've put extra efforts in the wireless as well. I think you might be aware that we put in a "Bark Mode" in the DS Nintendogs. I had the ambition to have people do the tag mode more, so this time I built it into the system. I'm trying to implement a system where the hardware itself can hold multiple tag mode data from multiple games -- from Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, Nintendogs, Pokemon or any game that supports a tag mode. And by carrying around the 3DS system, users could exchange data for multiple games simultaneously. I think compared to Japan the United States is very large, so it's difficult to catch many people with a tag mode. But if you go to a shopping mall, or some place with many people there's a chance to interact with many people and exchange data for multiple games.

And also we're considering automatic connection to the Internet, and automatic data downloads to the system. In the past, the Internet connection by Nintendo was that the consumer would go online, connect, search for the data they want and download it for themselves proactively. We're now considering a system that, with a simple setting, the 3DS system will automatically connect to the access point in a household and download automatically, so that when the consumer wakes up in the morning and opens their 3DS they'll find new content's already downloaded and ready for them. And by doing so, in Japan we have public access points called the Nintendo Zone that we've established in retailer outlets, restaurants, et cetera. And if consumers go by those download zones they'll automatically retrieve data.

So maybe we can have consumers open their 3DS in the morning and find the daily newspaper, right there, so they can read it. Then they can just take the 3DS and go to work, having the paper ready to read whenever they want. We'd like to put extra effort into those wireless capabilities.

IGN: Piracy is unfortunately enormous on the DS. I'm wondering what sort of measures you're applying to the 3DS that will prevent people from stealing games?

Konno: Unfortunately we can't talk about those details, but Nintendo takes piracy very seriously. And we'll enhance and improve all the protection we can. It's very important.

Source

D

Deleted_171835

QUOTE said:
And by carrying around the 3DS system, users could exchange data for multiple games simultaneously. I think compared to Japan the United States is very large, so it's difficult to catch many people with a tag mode. But if you go to a shopping mall, or some place with many people there's a chance to interact with many people and exchange data for multiple games.
I hope it can transfer data with the 3DS in sleep mode. I don't want to have my 3DS out in public often, just to get some added bonuses.
Plus, I could get mugged!
frown.gif

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Actually, if they we're to put forced updates into the system in order to play games you bought, wouldn't that be illegal.

I heard somewhere that forced updates are illegal. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xcdjy said:
Utsuho Reiuji said:
Actually, if they we're to put forced updates into the system in order to play games you bought, wouldn't that be illegal.

I heard somewhere that forced updates are illegal. Please correct me if I am wrong.
I read that too, but it's often 'forced' upon you in a different way.
Like when I bought NSMB Wii and couldn't play it unless I updated.

Well, in that sense I believe the NSMB Wii forced update would be Illegal in my eyes.

Actually if that does fullfill those requirements for it to be illegal (If that is the case), then that means that every update that Nintendo has forced upon you has been illegal.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
xcdjy said:
Utsuho Reiuji said:

I read that too, but it's often 'forced' upon you in a different way.
Like when I bought NSMB Wii and couldn't play it unless I updated.

Not sure about legality of things. But you aren't ever forced to do anything, you could never pick it up again. And they won't advertise "Never have to update!" so it's not false advertising

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
xcdjy said:
QUOTE said:
Konno: Unfortunately we can't talk about those details, but Nintendo takes piracy very seriously. And we'll enhance and improve all the protection we can. It's very important.
I just saved a link to this post in notepad.
In a year's time when the 3DS is hacked, I'm going to link to it in the topic about it being hacked.

Why is everyone so sure this is gonna be hacked? I think the protection is gonna be as good as the PS3 and that took quite a while before it was successfully hacked. Only time will tell in the end though so let's wait and see, eh?
closedeyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...