• Replies 25

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i've always wondered if you could get away with something like:

"But people simply pay me to download and burn to downloaded data to dvd or transfer to a harddrive. I have no idea of what said data is"

but this guy, advertising pirated games? thats pretty sad.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
They probably mean it's illegal to modify consoles and computers in ways that would allow piracy, such as modchips. Adding a new graphics card to a computer wouldn't be too bad.

Anyway, the guy was being a douche and advertising the selling of pirated games. Not just advertising modified game consoles or whatever, but games he pirated. That's a dumbass thing to do.
I didn't even know you could mod a computer...aside from upgrading parts obviously.

And if you are dumb enough to openly advertise selling pirated games then you deserve to be arrested. A bunch of guys were arrested with pirated games and hacked 360's outside the apartment building of a friends place last year cause there were like 10 people waiting to get their consoles modded or pick up games, I guess some argument started and the cops came and arrested them all.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Panzer Tacticer said:
Context guys, learn the process of context.

'with intent' means a great deal to the entire body of text eh.

In Canada I have the legal right to own hardware and software made expressly to copy LEGALLY OWNED software regardless of what is in place to defeat that purpose.

Thus owning a dvd burner drive and software made intentionally capable of making a copy of software is not illegal IF YOU ARE COPYING LEGALLY OWNED SOFTWARE.

But we all KNOW people use dvd burner drives and cutting edge software to copy software they do NOT legally own.

Yes officer, every last one of those are back up copies, but sadly, I lost all of my originals in a horrible break in last year. It was tragic. Luckily they were kind enough to at least not steal my back ups.

People that SELL copied software though are fucking idiots. I'd report you myself. Way to go asshole, really bright. Love the target on your forehead eh.

In Canada, the FBI can only DREAM of the power our federal law enforcement enjoys eh. Yes, they DO know who is who in the world of crime.
How can you enforce this law, then?
I could say that I'm modding my console to access homebrew without intent to pirate when I could very well be using it to pirate.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If modifying computers is illegal, then why are there stores here that sell computer parts? Why do laptop manufacturers give you guides on how to modify computers? WTF?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow