I'm having some trouble getting past anti-piracy.

Total_Weakness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying to get a randomized version of Pokemon White to run without Anti-Piracy measures kicking in. I use TWiLight Menu++, and when I run a normal Pokemon White rom, it runs like a normal game, but as soon as I randomize the rom, and then put it into TWiLight Menu++, it tells me that the game has Anti-Piracy, and that the DSi Binaries are lost. I already know that TWiLight Menu++ is supposed to auto patch AP measures, and I have the newest version, but still nothing. I have tried the DS-Scene Rom Tool, but the tool seems to be outdated, as I can not access the AP Database. It tells me the following:

Could not download
[Link to a DS Scene. net link that no longer exists. I have the link but cannot share it here]

The remote server returned and error: (404) Not Found.

If anyone can help me get past the problems, at least AP problems, I can live without the DSi binaries, as the game seems to run fine in DS mode.

tl;dr
When I randomize Pokemon White, TWiLight Menu++ flags it as a pirated rom, when a clean rom runs fine.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying to get a randomized version of Pokemon White to run without Anti-Piracy measures kicking in. I use TWiLight Menu++, and when I run a normal Pokemon White rom, it runs like a normal game, but as soon as I randomize the rom, and then put it into TWiLight Menu++, it tells me that the game has Anti-Piracy, and that the DSi Binaries are lost. I already know that TWiLight Menu++ is supposed to auto patch AP measures, and I have the newest version, but still nothing. I have tried the DS-Scene Rom Tool, but the tool seems to be outdated, as I can not access the AP Database. It tells me the following:

Could not download
[Link to a DS Scene. net link that no longer exists. I have the link but cannot share it here]

The remote server returned and error: (404) Not Found.

If anyone can help me get past the problems, at least AP problems, I can live without the DSi binaries, as the game seems to run fine in DS mode.

tl;dr
When I randomize Pokemon White, TWiLight Menu++ flags it as a pirated rom, when a clean rom runs fine.
No once uake a new rom in the randomizer tw does not have a patch for that

Total_Weakness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what i've heard you have to manually AP patch it yourself and then randomize it for it to work flawlessly on TWiLightmenu, try that out.
I don't know how to manually patch it though, is the problem. I assumed I would have to patch it myself. What tool/file would you recommend for doing that?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know how to manually patch it though, is the problem. I assumed I would have to patch it myself. What tool/file would you recommend for doing that?
If its saying the binaries are gone. then thats a bad rom dump. Other than getting a new copy of the game somewhere. Thats about all that can be said as the actual AP cannot be really spoken of here.

Total_Weakness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If its saying the binaries are gone. then thats a bad rom dump. Other than getting a new copy of the game somewhere. Thats about all that can be said as the actual AP cannot be really spoken of here.
It only becomes a bad rom dump after being randomized though, which of course, it's completely scrambling the rom. I don't really care about the binaries, just a way around AP.

signer-ink-beast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Things like bitrot, filesystem, and hardware issues can cause your rom of Pokemon White to become corrupted. Maybe try redumping the game, then use a tool to apply an AP patch. You should probably use a tool like Delta Patcher to do the job. Then randomize the game. If it doesn't work with the randomizer after patching, you might have to do the patching after randomizing.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Things like bitrot, filesystem, and hardware issues can cause your rom of Pokemon White to become corrupted. Maybe try redumping the game, then use a tool to apply an AP patch. You should probably use a tool like Delta Patcher to do the job. Then randomize the game. If it doesn't work with the randomizer after patching, you might have to do the patching after randomizing.
The problem could lie within the rom and the ap addresses itself. which nothing can really be done. If whats trying to be done moves or changes the pointers of the AP patch, then no matter whats done will not fix it.

Reactions: signer-ink-beast

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that