Hacking I'm making DS Case covers for GBA flash carts *need help*

Darkipod

SELL ME GBA FLASH CART
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you want a EZ-Flash II 256Mb box art? I don't have a scanner but my cell takes pretty good pics. In good lighting and after re-sizing they look really nice.

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have the box for my old ExtremeFlashAdvance II somewhere, but I'm not sure it's easy to turn into coverart as it's a wooden box and the size ratio is very different from a DS game case. There is no real info on the box, only the logo on the front. If you still want it I can scan it for you.

This project became a little stagnated as I still haven't received any other box arts.

For the EZ Flash IV the only box I had (but can't find) was completely white with logo in black, but I'm pretty sure there's a much more colourful one lurking around that maybe has some text on it I can' migrate to the boxart. Any help would be appreciated.
I had the older GBA sized model, and it had the older (probably nicer) boxart, but I'm afraid I threw away the box.

Do you want a EZ-Flash II 256Mb box art? I don't have a scanner but my cell takes pretty good pics. In good lighting and after re-sizing they look really nice.
They may look good on your PC, but I don't think you'll get a high enough resolution/quality for printing.

romevi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was going to print the EZ Flash IV box art, but the proportions don't seem to be adjusted to fit a DS case. When I try to manipulate the measurements in Paint, the image always seems to stretch really thinly horizontally, or else the vertical sizing seems way too short.

Any suggestions?

romevi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not bad for an initial mockup!
Personally, I'd like just GBA on the side since it's technically a GBA flashcart, and less graphics and text on the back. That's me being picky-picky, and I shouldn't talk since I couldn't make a DS cover worth my life.

Reactions: SmokeyTheDog

thaddius

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Here's my WIP attempt.
I don't know what to do with the back though.
il1I9uD.jpg

There are some other small tweaks I'd like to do (straighten text, remove obvious paste lines), but it's a lot cleaner.

EDIT: I've made the suggested changes and I ended up redoing the logo to give it a cleaner look (and made a coloured and grey version of it), but I'm still not sure what to put on the back. Another minor thing is that I'd like to redo the text on the back, but I can't find an appropriate font. If someone happens to know the font used on the back, their help would be appreciated.

thaddius

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, here are the images I've made for the EZ-Flash IV box. I don't like the font on the back, but it has a lot of similarities to the original. Hopefully I can find a better one (I might just use a new one altogether).

Grey logo:
NBoPULz.png

Orange logo:
s9RqGI6.png

Grey/Orange Logo:
HaYNliG.png

Reactions: bitbite and romevi
D

Deleted-236924

Why did you put the official Nintendo seal + the Nintendo logo on them when the last line on the back says that it is not sponsored, endorsed nor approved by Nintendo?

thaddius

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Why did you put the official Nintendo seal + the Nintendo logo on them when the last line on the back says that it is not sponsored, endorsed nor approved by Nintendo?
I didn't. They're part of the PSD file that I got from The Cover Project. I thought about hiding the layers that contained them, but left them because it leaves a huge gulf of empty space (something I was complaining about when I posted my first image). These are not done.

Reactions: romevi

romevi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, here are the images I've made for the EZ-Flash IV box. I don't like the font on the back, but it has a lot of similarities to the original. Hopefully I can find a better one (I might just use a new one altogether).

These are delicious!

Reactions: thaddius

romevi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All right, not to take advantage, and I know this isn't GBA, but thought I'd try anyway.
I posted this on The Cover Project, but no responses (yet).

Anyone have time to tackle an EMS GB USB Smart Card? I scanned some images:
http://i.imgur.com/Ka4xCEz.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/DMhxh0Z.jpg

Just trying to organize all my loose carts, but I don't have any shooping skills whatsoever.

thaddius

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone have time to tackle an EMS GB USB Smart Card?

I'm a tad busy these days (hence me not being done the EZFlash IV one yet), but when I have time I'll take a crack at this. I own one of them so I wouldn't mind having a case for it as well.

So... I was really bored and made your EMS card case. I tried to recreate the cover myself (the remnants of which can be seen on the spine), but it didn't turn out the way I wanted so I literally just scaled the images you gave me and put them on a case. The title doesn't fit very well... but whatever. I may revisit it someday. Other people are welcome to try their hand.
VrC6WyG.jpg
I also finished the EZ Flash IV case. Here it is, still looking barren, but with a much better font (resembles the original more closely):
rEJR85i.png
I'll be throwing these on the first page.

jumpman1229

SUPER BOWL XLVII CHAMPIONS!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
romevi thaddius Do you guys have a suggestion on how to print this out to fit perfectly in my DS case? I either print it out too short or too large to print out on a single sheet of paper and it gets cut off

thaddius

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I went to Staples/Office Depot and asked them to fill up as much of an 8.5X11in sheet as they can with the image. The sad reality is that you will never get printers that go all the way the the edge, lest you waste some of that precious ink by printing off the edge.

Another thing you can try is printing on a bigger sheet perhaps A4?), but you have to make sure the dimensions are correct on the image first. Very tricky if you don't know what you're doing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: 🤯🤯🤯 thats crazy