Gaming I'm SO damn late playing this game!

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought Phantasy Star 0 for the DS on July 16th, a few days before I graduate from a Sailor to a Corpsman.
The reason for my tardy gameplay of this game is that my previous 'A' school didn't have wifi inside the barracks.
Which means I won't get to enjoy the full experience of this game plus I was busy playing Mario&Luigi:BIS before coming to next Duty station.

I didn't buy it first off because I was highly spectacle about the gameplay. Same thing as Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled which from Tempers here told me its a cheesy version of Chrono Trigger which I did enjoyed very much. So I decided to watch youtube videos of the boss fights (Curse you tempers who can finally play Tales of Innocence) which can show the gameplay and element of difficulty. It was decent enough for me to choose that game over Black Sigil. I also was going to pick up KH DS to see how it is but they didn't have it. So I also bought Zelda: Spirit Tracks.

As far as from my experience, its good but the main flaw is the dialogue. Too much talking for no reason and most of the important elements gets too detailed. Since I'm a sucker for storylines I just swallow my pride. The funniest part is when you have to do a mission in the Wetlands and that hostile was...groping on the female NEWMAN (Sarisa I believe) which to me made laugh so it does have humor here and there. The repetitive mission of subquests and grinding on lvling is what I do best. I love grinding as long as I'm in the mood for it.

The wifi experience...well I can't experience it since no one comes on anymore. I feel like a loser not playing this game when it was at its hype! Oh well, if there's still some players out there let me know.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought it was pretty bland. Repetitive as hell, even in terms of a lootfest. Just going around, hacking enemies over and over and over again with little to no variation gets boring really quick.

I'm sure if you encouraged enough people though they'd boot it up again, it just came out quite a while ago and people have even been playing this since the Japanese version. With here on GBAtemp once a game is immediately released, most people have it (:yaypiracy:). And depending on how popular/how much lasting appeal a game is, it'll phase out in a couple of weeks or months.

This should be in the DS - Games section.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well since the game is old...I thought it get closed to bring up inside the DS section. I mean I couldn't play this game last year due to me selling my old phat DS to pay off that stupid violation ticket! I don't know how to rally up a posse to play an old game again...I'm just an fawful temper.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Canonbeat234 said:
Well since the game is old...I thought it get closed to bring up inside the DS section. I mean I couldn't play this game last year due to me selling my old phat DS to pay off that stupid violation ticket! I don't know how to rally up a posse to play an old game again...I'm just an fawful temper.

I thought we had a Wi-Fi channel for IRC or something. I'm not sure though, I hardly frequent IRC. Or just wait until the next Wi-Fi Night and just be like "Who wants to play PS0?" It's still a popular online game for the DS, I'm sure many of people would be willing to dust it off.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm...if only my reputation wasn't stained. I can see what I can do this week...the only thing I can do is ask.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Guild McCommunist said:
I thought it was pretty bland. Repetitive as hell, even in terms of a lootfest. Just going around, hacking enemies over and over and over again with little to no variation gets boring really quick
That's generally the idea in the "Phantasy Star Online" games.

Story is usually crap but for some people (including me) you just keep wanting more.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can go online and play with you if you'd like, but I only got to the part where I beat the first boss and during the funny, optional Mayor quest I got fed up when I couldn't beat the boss again - but that may be because I think the difficulty is scaled with more players, right? So because I brought along both NPCs he was harder.
biggrin.gif

dysan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
I was somewhat excited about this game but then every boss I met, slapped me around and made me his bitch so I kinda lost interested.
played online once and it wasn't that different from single player...

if you're gonna play this game then make sure you buy fast weapons like daggers or something,anything bigger is too slow to effectively play the game.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inunah said:
Gaydrian said:
Yeah this series hasn't been good since the Dreamcast years.
Are you crazy? The game wasn't good until the 3D versions with real time combat!

Well, no offense here, but seeing your taste in games vs. Hadrian's taste in games, I'll go with Hadrian on this one.

The original Phantasy Star games are a little too dated for me but some still consider games like Phantasy Star IV to be their favorite RPG of all time. If the games were shit back then they wouldn't have these modern ones today.

If anything Phantasy Star took a turn for the worse in terms of presentation. Went from the kinda corny look of the older games to this flashy looking anime crap, kinda like Mega Man. Yeah I wouldn't want it to stay corny looking but at least modernize it without having to resort to "FLASH FLASH FLASH" to attract an audience.

toguro_max

Trophies
Website
toguro_max.sites.uol.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
dysan said:
(...)
if you're gonna play this game then make sure you buy fast weapons like daggers or something,anything bigger is too slow to effectively play the game.

Totally not true.
Swords (the "slow" weapons) can be used with no problems at all (in fact, they are my favorite weapons).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing good, just made my first drink of the day, so better now, Captain and Coke today. I had to cut grass all day, then get my hair cut. I messed with my wifey, she knew I was going to get hair cut, and I went and bought a purple dyed wig, and came home wearing it, she freaked out, thinking I dyed my hair purple, was funny.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Hey BigOnYa
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey hope all is well
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, And you too :)
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa how are you doing
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    any mushroom trip adventures you can share
  • JakobAir @ JakobAir:
    Damn, I haven't been on here in while. My wife and I went on a mushroom trip like 10 years ago. A friend had a PS3TV with the glasses and some racing game. It hit when I was playing the game and I freaked out because I thought I was really driving and crashed.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Orange ocean Hawaiian punch is pretty good but @BigOnYa keeps putting vodka in it
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    With enough Vodka everything is good
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im back
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    We are having a bbq
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Nice! Hopefully the weather is good today?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sicklyboy, it's a bit cloudy but Yea it's good
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    80 for us all that rain then mother nature's like have some sun burn
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @Xdqwerty, good weather, good food, what's not to like about that? Hope you have a lovely day dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got some porkchops marinating in honey teriyaki hope it comes out good
    +1
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Porkchop was the name of that dog in that one cartoon, DOUG! :P
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sonic Angel Knight, never watched doug
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might play Roblox again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh jump back to gdevelop
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: