Hardware I'm worried about the new switch lite.

Deleted member 480830

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, it's been a long time since I last posted, and i'm worried about the new switch lite. I was planning to get one at launch or at the end of the year, but now because of what i thought of, I think that i'd get the new switch lite at the end of the year. Most of you are aware about joy-con drifting, and most of you are aware about the switch lite having no joy-cons. Well, the joy-cons are built into the system, but still.. So if joy-con drifting is a problem in the Nintendo switch lite, you'd have to take the whole console apart instead of just the joy-cons. So, that's my post (or fears about the new switch lite.)

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take your worst fear and multiply it by infinity.

j/k, I'm thinking Nintendo has a solution for it. They're now offering free repairs for drift. That means they know how to fix it, which tells me that it will not be present in the Lites.

Does drift happen when joycons are attached the Switch or just wirelessly anyway? If it only happens using wireless you have nothing to worry about.

Oakmontowls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take your worst fear and multiply it by infinity.

j/k, I'm thinking Nintendo has a solution for it. They're now offering free repairs for drift. That means they know how to fix it, which tells me that it will not be present in the Lites.

Does drift happen when joycons are attached the Switch or just wirelessly anyway? If it only happens using wireless you have nothing to worry about.
It most certainly happens while in handheld mode.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It most certainly happens while in handheld mode.

It's still hardly anything to worry about. They're fixing it for free, so you can bet they will do everything they can not to release another console that has drift because they will have to pay another huge bill to fix all the consoles for free. So worse case scenario, you send your Lite to Nintendo for free and they fix it and send it back and I would bet even that won't happen. Nothing big to worry about here.

Reynardine

Fuchsly
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I share your fear. As much as I'd like to get a Switch Lite I'm really worried about fail-prone analog sticks.
Let's hope for the best.

Edit:
Hmm, they're not (yet) offering free repairs in Europe for whatever reason.

Last edited by Reynardine,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6aie4t8lZ7k&pp=ygUuaSBhbSBub3QgZ2F5IGJ1dCAyMCBkb2xsYXJzIGlzIDIwIGRv... +1