Imperfections on DSi XL screens, curious about what it could be and if worth replacing?

Magolor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I got a preowned DSi XL last year and the condition is great except for a couple marks on the screen and I was wondering what they could have originated from. I've put a couple photos of what it looks like below (big images, be warned and please excuse the dust):

For context:
- I can't wipe the two dots off of the top screen and the gluey-looking marks are irremovable.
- As said on the Flipnote photo, the mark on the top right corner of the bottom screen darkens parts of the screen, it's much more visible with your own eyes and hard to photograph.

Also, would it be worth getting the screens replaced? It drives me a bit crazy when I notice these imperfections during a game.

Last edited by Magolor,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Those look like badly applied screen protecting foils with dust particles and air bubbles underneath.
Consider trying to carefully remove them (if these are screen protectors).

Magolor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Those look like badly applied screen protecting foils with dust particles and air bubbles underneath.
Consider trying to carefully remove them (if these are screen protectors).
I feel so dumb I didnt even think to try and see if that was a protector, thank you so much

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol