• Thread starter Deleted-442439
  • Start date
  • Views 109,751
  • Replies 279
  • Likes 21
D

Deleted-442439

OP
however OP makes it seem like AutoRCM can't charge at all.

No I said it can't charge while off or in RCM mode, and needs to be fully booted to charge, don't say "I have not had this issue" if you have not understood the OP to begin.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: SaffronXL

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
no, i've done it while on. however OP makes it seem like AutoRCM can't charge at all.

Oh, ok. Well, i didnt think that when i first read OP, but i can see why you would.

Anyway, its only a problem if your console is off, then theres no way to charge, however while on hekate OS/CFW (only way to access main menu with AutoRCM on) the Switch cant go to sleep mode, so you have to charge it with the screen on almost all the time.

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a little tip:
I have auto rcm too and what I do is to go to stock fw with hakate then desactivate the sleeping mode so it will never sleep then put in the dock :D

I know that it’s working because I have that green light on my dock
While it doesn’t light on when I’m in rcm

D

Deleted-442439

OP
im in RCM mode. it charges. i dont have the issue of it not charging in rcm mode

I think you are misunderstanding RCM mode. If you have booted into OFW / CFW through Hekate it will charge, you are then not in RCM mode. RCM mode is only when the screen is black.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will, since autorcm means the Switch will default to RCM the issue can't be mitigated. Hopefully TX will include a warning about this....
you mean the switch does not charge when completely powered off either WTF kind of shitty design is that
could the FW be altered to makr the switch charge when powered off?

Sonicbrawler

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you are misunderstanding RCM mode. If you have booted into OFW / CFW through Hekate it will charge, you are then not in RCM mode. RCM mode is only when the screen is black.
i know what RCM mode is. i have autoRCM on through rei's payload. then i now boot into Lakka. when I am done with Lakka, I go to reboot into RCM. or if it dies on me. either way, i charge it and it charges fine.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Surprised we didn't have this type of thread earlier. AutoRCM is dangerous since it can't take a charge but will gladly eat away at your Switch's battery. It'll brick it by preventing you from charging your device. What's even worse is that the Switch is extremely easy to turn on. Aside from the power button, plugging it with a USB cable or even removing it from the dock will cause it boot up.

D

Deleted-442439

OP
i know what RCM mode is. i have autoRCM on through rei's payload. then i now boot into Lakka. when I am done with Lakka, I go to reboot into RCM. or if it dies on me. either way, i charge it and it charges fine.

That is technically impossible. Let me just get this 100% straight:

- You have autorcm installed.
- Your Switch battery dies
- You then plug in the charger and it charges (without running any payloads)

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My Switch charges when it is completely dead. I mean to the point you do not get any indication it is charging. That being the case, it is enough juice to get to a "chargable" state... Kind of confused by this thread.

D

Deleted-442439

OP
My Switch charges when it is completely dead. I mean to the point you do not get any indication it is charging. That being the case, it is enough juice to get to a "chargable" state... Kind of confused by this thread.
Yes. that is exactly correct.

Are you sure it is not going into sleep mode when it "dies" or have you actually pressed the power button for 12 seconds when it dies to turn it completely off, and then plugged it in?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I just took a Switch with AutoRCM installed and put in a battery that is either dead or really close to it. When I plugged it into the computer, it entered RCM and accepted the Hekate payload. When I launched Horizon from Hekate, it loaded the dying/dead battery charging icon in the top left corner of the screen, and that's where it still is, presumably charging. If I unplug it from my computer, the Switch turns off/dies.

Reactions: Alex S
D

Deleted-442439

OP
So, I just took a Switch with AutoRCM installed and put in a battery that is either dead or really close to it. When I plugged it into the computer, it entered RCM and accepted the Hekate payload. When I launched Horizon from Hekate, it loaded the dying/dead battery charging icon in the top left corner of the screen, and that's where it still is, presumably charging. If I unplug it from my computer, the Switch turns off/dies.

Yeah then it still had enough juice to get into RCM, by dead I mean that is so dead that there is literally nothing left in the battery.

Last edited by ,

Sonicbrawler

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure it is not going into sleep mode when it "dies" or have you actually pressed the power button for 12 seconds when it dies to turn it completely off, and then plugged it in?
yes im sure it isnt going into sleep mode, and i havent pressed the power button for 12 seconds when it dies.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure how to respond without being rude... I'm fairly certain I know the difference between a dead battery and a sleeping switch...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah then it still had enough juice to get into RCM, by dead I mean that is so dead that there is literally nothing left in the battery.
Have you ever tore down a battery?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Very accurate.