• Views 109,719
  • Replies 279
  • Likes 21

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you guys test things out before spreading fake information?

THE SWITCH CAN BE CHARGED WHILE IN RCM MODE

Need proof
try it for yourself like I did

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to report I can charge my switch when it's *off* while having AutoRCM installed. Apologies in the case someone else already mentioned how to do this.

While I'm in CFW and I want to turn my switch off and charge it;
-I hold the power button until I can select the "Turn off" option in the drop down menu.
-Knowing it's not actually *off* yet, send your payload to boot hetake menu
-Now once in hetake menu scroll down to "Power off" but do not press it yet
-Dock your switch
-Now while it's docked, press the power button to confirm the "power off" option in hetake's menu

Your switch is now off and charging

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm confused how there isn't a reason to use it? I figured saving the wear and tear on your switch's pins is good enough reason - considering like i've said many times previously; after only a few days of doing it the pins on my switch don't even look the same anymore. I see no cons to AutoRCM when comparing to jig methods.
As of now there's no reason to use AutoRCM. Unless you're perfectly okay with having to reconnect it everytime the screen turns off.

Cencil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As of now there's no reason to use AutoRCM. Unless you're perfectly okay with having to reconnect it everytime the screen turns off.

Like I said in your quote..why isn't there a reason to use it to save on the pins wear and tear?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Like I said in your quote..why isn't there a reason to use it to save on the pins wear and tear?

Literally just told you. THere's no reason to render your console virtually useless (at this point in time) as we have no usable CFW. So, with the software (Hekate) we've got now? It's just an inconvenience. When we've got a user friendly CFW that doesn't disable the console in sleep mode, then it will have its use.

Reactions: Lacius

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Until there's a proper and functional CFW (e.g. Atmosphere), there's no real reason to use AutoRCM. Without Atmosphere or something like it, you're depriving yourself of numerous Horizon features, such as sleep mode and game-launching.

Cencil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Literally just told you. THere's no reason to render your console virtually useless (at this point in time) as we have no usable CFW. So, with the software (Hekate) we've got now? It's just an inconvenience. When we've got a user friendly CFW that doesn't disable the console in sleep mode, then it will have its use.

That didn't tell me though, lol. How is it virtually useless using AutoRCM? It's very convenient to not have to shove a paperclip or jig on the pins to boot into RCM. Having a phone that can transfer the payload (considering mostly everyone has a phone on them, always) to turn on/off the switch is nothing in comparison to degrading your switch's pins.

Thus my confusion with your post

Until there's a proper and functional CFW (e.g. Atmosphere), there's no real reason to use AutoRCM. Without Atmosphere or something like it, you're depriving yourself of numerous Horizon features, such as sleep mode and game-launching.
I can game launch on hetake, just don't boot into cfw. No sleep mode vs wear and tear on your switch's pins at this point, i'll take no sleep mode :P

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
That didn't tell me though, lol. How is it virtually useless using AutoRCM? It's very convenient to not have to shove a paperclip or jig on the pins to boot into RCM. Having a phone that can transfer the payload (considering mostly everyone has a phone on them, always) to turn on/off the switch is nothing in comparison to degrading your switch's pins.

Thus my confusion with your post

Oh dear lord, read my post. WE HAVE NOTHING THAT'S CONSIDERED SAFE AND USABLE IN TERMS OF CFW. So, all AutoRCM would currently do is give you a crippled system that would NEED TO BE CONNECTED EVERYTIME THE SYSTEM ENTERS SLEEP MODE. If that's not an inconvenience for you? That's fine and dandy.

In my honest opinion, there's no reason to use Hekate. It's a neat POC, but far from stable. I'd rather stick on OFW until we get Atmosphere.

Cencil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh dear lord, read my post. WE HAVE NOTHING THAT'S CONSIDERED SAFE AND USABLE IN TERMS OF CFW. So, all AutoRCM would currently do is give you a crippled system that would NEED TO BE CONNECTED EVERYTIME THE SYSTEM ENTERS SLEEP MODE. If that's not an inconvenience for you? That's fine and dandy.

AutoRCM just saves a step of shoving a jig in like I said. That's all it does. Hetake doesn't allow sleep regardless of autorcm being installed. The inconvenience is the wear and tear on the pins and using a jig like I've said 1000 times now. The system isn't crippled as you can boot into horizon still. What is so confusing about this? Dear lord indeed

edit: disabling sleep mode on your switch's settings is really not a big deal to always boot into RCM without the need for a jig, allowing you to play both your switch games and emulators. usb cable and phone in pocket and there's no issue..lol

In my honest opinion, there's no reason to use Hekate. It's a neat POC, but far from stable. I'd rather stick on OFW until we get Atmosphere.

There's no reason if you don't want to play GBA/SNES emulators on your switch right now...some of us do

Last edited by Cencil,
Reactions: Trunks2304

Trunks2304

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

hetake is great to use for emulators (for the time being). autoRCM is great for those who dont have a jig and want to easily access emulation. what do you mean "rendered useless"? do you think you can't play switch games with it or something?

did you even try it yourself? you sound quite uninformed

Reactions: jakibaki
D

Deleted User

OP
hetake is great to use for emulators (for the time being). autoRCM is great for those who dont have a jig and want to easily access emulation. what do you mean "rendered useless"? do you think you can't play switch games with it or something?

The thing is, it's incomplete, he isn't uninformed. Hekate is not finished. crashes can occur often, and while I do agree autorcm is nice. But I know what I'm doing (for the most part) people are going to pop up and ask. And for other oses, like linux, battery indicator is going to be thrown off, lcd damage could occur. And we still don't have sound. (not that it matters as much as the other two.
WHY CAN'T I PLAY MY SWITCH, SWITCH IS BRICKED PLEASE HELP. It showed up in the 3ds scene, and given the switch popularity, it's going to show up in this scene. And let me also not forget to mention no sleep function.

AutoRCM just saves a step of shoving a jig in like I said. That's all it does. Hetake doesn't allow sleep regardless of autorcm being installed. The inconvenience is the wear and tear on the pins and using a jig like I've said 1000 times now. The system isn't crippled as you can boot into horizon still. What is so confusing about this? Dear lord indeed

edit: disabling sleep mode on your switch's settings is really not a big deal to always boot into RCM without the need for a jig, allowing you to play both your switch games and emulators. usb cable and phone in pocket and there's no issue..lol

There's no reason if you don't want to play GBA/SNES emulators on your switch right now...some of us do
Sorry but the system does become crippled, you cannot boot into horizon without using a payload. Infact, that's the entire point of autorcm, is to cripple the system so it enters rcm mode, or recovery mode. Autorcm quite literately means, softbricking the switch.

Reactions: Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

The fact you're posting this, when it's clear what Hekate is and isn't shows a lot about your comprehensive abilities.. Or lack thereof..

It's widely known the payload is far from complete, and has quite a fair bit of issues. The only thing (currently) that's noteworthy is a system backup. Everything else is a POC at this point in time.

Shadow LAG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Confirmed switch charges even with SX OS autorcm installed. Left switch on in RCM overnight, couldn't get back into RCM or deploy payloads. Left it plugged in for 45 minutes, and then payloads started working again and battery meter in horizon has resynced and corrected itself.

Not only does charging work in RCM but letting it drain in RCM also fixes battery desync.

Creatable

Trophies
Website
hentaihaven.net
XP
Country
United States
Confirmed switch charges even with SX OS autorcm installed. Left switch on in RCM overnight, couldn't get back into RCM or deploy payloads. Left it plugged in for 45 minutes, and then payloads started working again and battery meter in horizon has resynced and corrected itself.

Not only does charging work in RCM but letting it drain in RCM also fixes battery desync.
Unconfirmed.

Shadow LAG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unconfirmed.

Mind elaborating? I just did this about an hour ago when I noticed my switch was completely dead in RCM mode. I have autorcm installed, couldn't get anything to deploy. Plugged the switch in to power outlet for 45 minutes, and payload deployed immediately and switch was at 3% in horizon

Last edited by Shadow LAG,

Creatable

Trophies
Website
hentaihaven.net
XP
Country
United States
Mind elaborating?
Sure. Battery desync is incredibly broken, and it may seem like your battery is fixed, however sometimes it just randomly breaks. I've had issues where my battery can only charge to a certain percent, or it looks like the battery desync is gone. That's the thing. Your fix seems so random, that you may be mistaking battery desync's randomness as a fix.

Shadow LAG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure. Battery desync is incredibly broken, and it may seem like your battery is fixed, however sometimes it just randomly breaks. I've had issues where my battery can only charge to a certain percent, or it looks like the battery desync is gone. That's the thing. Your fix seems so random, that you may be mistaking battery desync's randomness as a fix.

Dude you are talking to the guy who found the original fix was to pull the battery and drain the capacitors. I fixed over 30 members switch with the cold boot method. I just found that an RCM drain can simulate a battery pull. Please refrence battery desync thread...

https://gbatemp.net/threads/battery-problem-after.502213/page-6

I know exactly what I'm talking about. The issue can come back, yes. But no one is arguing otherwise. This is just a way to fix the desync without pulling the battery, until you fiddle with payloads again
It's not the battery that is the problem, it's the use of payloads outside of horizon. So no, it's not "random".

Also I really just stopped in to confirm Autorcm / RCM mode can charge the switch.

Last edited by Shadow LAG,

Creatable

Trophies
Website
hentaihaven.net
XP
Country
United States
Dude you are talking to the guy who found the original fix was to pull the battery and drain the capacitors. I fixed over 30 members switch with the cold boot method. I just found that an RCM drain can simulate a battery pull. Please refrence battery desync thread...

https://gbatemp.net/threads/battery-problem-after.502213/page-6

I know exactly what I'm talking about. The issue can come back, yes. But no one is arguing otherwise. This is just a way to fix the desync without pulling the battery, until you fiddle with payloads again
It's not the battery that is the problem, it's the use of payloads outside of horizon. So no, it's not "random".

Also I really just stopped in to confirm Autorcm / RCM mode can charge the switch.
Just because you found out that unplugging a battery fixes it does not mean your solution is always right.

Shadow LAG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just because you found out that unplugging a battery fixes it does not mean your solution is always right.

What? You aren't making any sense. What you just said has nothing to do with anything. I just replicated the battery desync, and drained the battery in RCM which is the same as pulling the battery which has been confirmed to fix the issue, so by proxy, yes it is right?

Creatable

Trophies
Website
hentaihaven.net
XP
Country
United States
What? You aren't making any sense. What you just said has nothing to do with anything. I just replicated the battery desync, and drained the battery in RCM which is the same as pulling the battery which has been confirmed to fix the issue, so by proxy, yes it is right?
But do we have confirmation it's similar or emulates pulling the battery?

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
Should probably make a video.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb going with my dad
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, are most of those games shovelware?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah gotta buy 3 1tb SD cards for 3ds the entire libraries need archived in my home
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    >buys x3 1TB SD cards
    >stores the entire 3DS library on them
    >installs CFW
    >realised why I wasted loads of money and resources
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Lol no I clean my sets
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cause it's in my home ready to go
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like uremum
    But 100 games on SNES and Genesis and GBA then TG16 and NES and GB and GBC then all the other random systems and arcade games it all adds up lol
    +1
    Virtual Boy alone has probably 5 games!!! Lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I won't mention any names in chat but some of us wastes $300 on preloaded hdds :tpi:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, The PS5 had none.
    +2
    Lol I spent more than that on a stuffed 4TB drive lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly I've yet to fill the 1tb internal drive on my ps5
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, 1) except final fantasy 16. 2) why would I have a console's whole catalogue if most of the games are either shovelware or terrible games?
    Kind of a waste, but the allure of all those games over 100,000
    Some shovel ware with low ratings you might enjoy more than the ratings would sugest
    +1
    Cruisn on the Wii is one of my personal examples of that, it's considered one of the worst games of all time, I loved it and completed it several times.
    +1
    The trick for me was to go into the settings and crank up the Wiimote sensitivity to the max and it gets twitchy but you can win that way lol
    Lots of other games I enjoyed that reviews would say otherwise lol
  • btei @ btei:
    lethal company servers are down rn
  • btei @ btei:
    my pocket pikachu is going crazy rn
    Pocket Pikachu sounds dirty lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    True lol
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :tpi: