Hacking Importing a soundfont in Pokémon Platinum

_confused_piplup_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi all, I am new here. I am working on a project where I try to replace most of the songs in Pokémon Platinum. I am trying to do so using with a new soundfont, hoping to increase a bit the quality of the sound. After several tries, I kinda managed to make some things work, but there are still some errors that I can't fix, because I have no idea why they are there in the first place. I can successfully replace a song and use a Pokémon platinum native soundfont with it, but I can't make it work with soundfonts that I imported (I am using Nitro Studio 2 btw). Anyone knows what to do? Can maybe give a link to a guide or something? If you're interested in the project or want to know more, you can pm me.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When you say sound font most will assume you mean a nice premade collection of such things that are popular in music sequencing circles.

The DS naturally employs an equivalent; the SSEQ files that most music exists as are flanked by sbnk files which are the instruments the SSEQ plays. SBNK are in turn inclined to use the SWAV format for some of its internal uses.

As as easily rock up with whatever sound font you downloaded then despite some programs claiming support for it I have never found a good way of doing it that is not just manually importing with vgmtrans https://github.com/vgmtrans/vgmtrans and working things accordingly.

Reactions: _confused_piplup_

_confused_piplup_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I am using Nitro Studio 2 and you can replace an instrument bank in the ROM with a soundfont (.sf2). This is what I tried to do, but while everything sounds alright in NitroStudio or in vgmtrans, after I make the ROM with Tinke it starts to sound distorted or it doesn't play at all. I tried to take care of the size (I imported soundfont under the size of some that are in the actual official game) and then I even noticed that the imported soundfont didn't play unless it was 11khz, but it played distorted and strange. So, I assumed there was some problem in the importing process.

Myopinion

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I am using Nitro Studio 2 and you can replace an instrument bank in the ROM with a soundfont (.sf2). This is what I tried to do, but while everything sounds alright in NitroStudio or in vgmtrans, after I make the ROM with Tinke it starts to sound distorted or it doesn't play at all. I tried to take care of the size (I imported soundfont under the size of some that are in the actual official game) and then I even noticed that the imported soundfont didn't play unless it was 11khz, but it played distorted and strange. So, I assumed there was some problem in the importing process.
Can I ask you if you solved the Problem?. Cause I'm trying to do the same but when i replice Pokemon cries, some works and others not. (i'm Italian too so i can explain better the Problem in our Language)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1