Misc Impossible?

Hatashi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, I don't have a wired router, so I use (Connectify/Windows 7 built-in Hotspot) to make networks I can connect to with my Wifi enabled devices.
I was just wondering, is the only solution for me to access Wifi on any game (Even Pokemon HGSS/B&W) to buy a router or that Nintendo Adapter thingy :S?

Aijelsop

Question Asker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much. ;p

Think of it like this: What about the people who can't access wifi because they can't afford a router, or have WPA protected wifi. Ha, sucks to be them. (like me, I have WPA...
ohnoes.png
and changing won't work because my mom's laptop is stupid and can't remember the wifi password for WEP)

Hatashi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Its not because I don't have money actually, I can't buy a router because my parents are ok with ''wired''.
And I don't feel like paying $130 for a silly Wifi Adapater.

There is one I saw for $12, but that one doesn't work on Windows 7.

D

Deleted_171835

Do not purchase the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector.
It's a horrible connector. It disconnects randomly and the software is really buggy. When it does work, though, it excels.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Aijelsop said:
(like me, I have WPA...
ohnoes.png
and changing won't work because my mom's laptop is stupid and can't remember the wifi password for WEP)
Change the SSID and then her laptop will think it's a new network and should actually save the information. Idunno' why some laptops fail at saving info if the SSID doesn't change...

But yeah, do NOT get that damn adapter.

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
Hatashi said:
Its not because I don't have money actually, I can't buy a router because my parents are ok with ''wired''.
And I don't feel like paying $130 for a silly Wifi Adapater.

There is one I saw for $12, but that one doesn't work on Windows 7.
Get a used wireless router. I can find plenty of used wireless routers for USD$20-$30 here in the US.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
unless u have a intel wireless adapter card on a laptop, go with the router
if u do have a intel wireless adapter for a centrino laptop, u may wanna get the intel my wifi app as it might just work (its difficult to set up at first)

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SoulSnatcher said:
It's a horrible connector. It disconnects randomly and the software is really buggy. When it does work, though, it excels.

I use this thing. It pwns, never disconnected, ever lol, just another useless comment :/

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
my isp (virgin) gave us a router NETGEAR DG834G works perfectly for me, never ad any problems. Check your isp's webpage and if it says that a free router comes with the deal you're on, then just ring em up and ask for it. If not free they sometimes only charge like £5 for them.

D

Deleted_171835

boktor666 said:
SoulSnatcher said:
I use this thing. It pwns, never disconnected, ever lol, just another useless comment :/
Just be quiet.
I also have the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector and it's horrible. Disconnects randomly and sometimes doesn't connect at all. The software is buggy. I tried this on Windows XP, Vista and 7 and regardless of the OS I used, the problems persisted.

D

Deleted-236924

boktor666 said:
SoulSnatcher said:

He specifically specified that when it worked, it was perfect.

npk1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I used to be able to connect to our wifi
yaynds.gif
, but now my dad switched it from wep to wpa because hislaptop was notfast enough. Now I cannot connect at all.
hate2.gif

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The encryption level doesn't affect speed. It will probably still run slowly.
That said, I don't know how that's relevant.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P