Hardware In Need of Full Body Skin

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there. So I'm super anal about keeping my electronics in pristine condition. I have full body protectors on most of my devices such as iPad, 3DS. I've found Skinomi to be fair reasonably priced as well as they carry a lot of devices. My problem is, they have one available for the Switch but it's not available until the 25th of March. I NEED something day 1. I found another brand that seems to be similar except theirs is available now. IQ Shield is the brand. The problem with both of these is that the picture depicts only a front screen protector and then a rear one that takes up the entire length of the console. Making it impossible to remove the Joycons. Now, I assume this is just a quick render they made and the actual product wont be like this. But I still am a little leary. Anyone have any suggestions?

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel your pain, but cant help.
I always put a screen protector on any screen day one. Simply just dont want it to get messed up. The body i dont worry to much as i dont drop my stuff like that.

There will be alot of screen protectors for the front but i doubt there will be many to cover the rear. And at launch that will be even less.
You best bet is to get a front protector day one and just want till someone comes out for the back. IF you got extra cash, order the IQ on and test it out for others.
I dont think it would be smart for them to not have any cuts in it( not being able to remove joycon) that wouldnt make any sense, but if it does work like that. It should be pretty easy to apply it to the center and push it out to the sides and then cut it where the joycons go.

Edit
Also your be a brave sole. You do know these are all wet installs correct?
Ive only used skinomi on water proof stuff

Last edited by xile6,

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel your pain, but cant help.
I always put a screen protector on any screen day one. Simply just dont want it to get messed up. The body i dont worry to much as i dont drop my stuff like that.

There will be alot of screen protectors for the front but i doubt there will be many to cover the rear. And at launch that will be even less.
You best bet is to get a front protector day one and just want till someone comes out for the back. IF you got extra cash, order the IQ on and test it out for others.
I dont think it would be smart for them to not have any cuts in it( not being able to remove joycon) that wouldnt make any sense, but if it does work like that. It should be pretty easy to apply it to the center and push it out to the sides and then cut it where the joycons go.

Edit
Also your be a brave sole. You do know these are all wet installs correct?
Ive only used skinomi on water proof stuff

Ha thanks. And yeah, I'll probably just order it and hope for the best. I too had the idea to cut the parts off for the joycons if worse comes to worse.

Also I am aware they are wet installs. It works just fine. I even have one on my laptop. There were like 20 different sections for each individual part. You just spray the sticky part and stick it on and let it dry. Never had any issues.

Also also, I am really careful with my stuff as well. Never dropping it or anything. But even just setting my devices down, carrying them in a pocket or something as simple as your nail rubbing up against it can cause scratches over time. Or even wear from the oils in your hand. I just like to keep it all fresh so it always stays "new in box" without having to actually keep it in the box.

Last edited by CheatingSoi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: No way, Switch pro will be next