Not open for further replies.

TheHomesk1llet

Also known as "Kupo"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah....does the OP? now your assuming, if they have a hard mod or can solder, yeah go right ahead....but people have simply said "be careful unless you know what your doing"......i.e play safe

anyways, goodluck to the OP....dont ignore advice just because it upsets the many.....everyone who offers legitimate advice here has been shot down by he mob, best advice get a hard mod or be prepared to mod it yourself once you get into this stuff......if that advice makes me a hater....hater must literally mean concerned about others well being rather than only for myself
I agree with you, I'm gonna need a raspberri pi in the event that I end up screwing something up and have to flash the NAND again. I also have soldering skills, so that's not a problem. I'm just gonna need a way to raise money for that, or find people who already have hardmodded 3DSs who are willing to test my launchers for me.

Reactions: leerpsp

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I agree with you, I'm gonna need a raspberri pi in the event that I end up screwing something up and have to flash the NAND again. I also have soldering skills, so that's not a problem. I'm just gonna need a way to raise money for that, or find people who already have hardmodded 3DSs who are willing to test my launchers for me.
well see more helpful advice from someone who has done lots of nand mods and unbrickings.....make sure you get the original raspberry pi B, not the B+, not only does the B+ use micro Sd cards making connecting the 3ds more difficult, it uses a new chipset which is unsupported by the unbricking software(tested this myself, and bkifft is looking into adding support but it may not be for a good while)....i think the original A will work too....but i use a B,

Reactions: tony_2018

ernilos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You said what everyone with a little of knowdlage know with some tech words.
Some poc or I still belive more in govanify :')

Reactions: VinsCool

TheHomesk1llet

Also known as "Kupo"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well see more helpful advice from someone who has done lots of nand mods and unbrickings.....make sure you get the original raspberry pi B, not the B+, not only does the B+ use micro Sd cards making connecting the 3ds more difficult, it uses a new chipset which is unsupported by the unbricking software(tested this myself, and bkifft is looking into adding support but it may not be for a good while)....i think the original A will work too....but i use a B,
Thanks, I'll keep this in mind.

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
From what I understand TheHomesk1llet is trying to launch some simple code (something of the complexity of hello world) with the last GW exploit to make it run on ARM 11 proc.

Wonderful project, but IMHO this if far away from any choice to see from this project a new CFW.

Actual CFW is very easy to ro RE for a medium skilled developer with some ARM ASM experience, and if someone know what to search its already RE at 80%, whith the code posted here on gbatemp.

But trying to fix it, port it on a different FW version, launch it with another exploit, isn't so easy.

Not to say that if someone want try this, he don't need the new exploit. With the DS profile hack (and the ability to downgrade to 4.X) we have yet full access to almost all know 3DS resources on stable and "relatively" well know enviroment.

I really don't think that the new exploit can speed in any way the release of an updated CFW.

But guys, if you really belive all this is possible, make your best :grog:

TheHomesk1llet

Also known as "Kupo"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You said what everyone with a little of knowdlage know with some tech words.
Some poc or I still belive more in govanify :')
I did that on purpose for people who don't understand Yifan Lu's explanation. Not gonna take time out of my day to post POC for you, so you're gonna have to believe me. Not that I care either way ;)

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We'll see how this goes. Rooting for the OP and members were just warning him. Nothing else. newbies need to back the fuck down and just shut it and let the man work.......geez...

I now have my blue card working so guess what. I"m getting me some DS games and taking a chill pill until something new happens in another 12 hrs.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm gonna be hardmoding my zelda 3ds XL soon! I will be happy to test Launchers for you when i get that done!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
So let's belive in dragons too :DDD
shhh! you will set off the hoard :P

but no let the OP do what they want they have been warned of the dangers....im not expecting much, but i couldn't stand idly by while people just encourage someone to run under a train for the chance of a cfw for themselves....as long as they are aware of the risks and know how to recover from them, live and let live :)

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
For the gods, GBATemp is probably the worst forum I've ever been on. Jesus christ people, I don't know what goes through your minds. Like what the flying fuck really. Just reading some of the posts in here make my head hurt. I can't even explain it, it's just awful. Like go play a game or something and let people be, geez.

TheHomesk1llet

Also known as "Kupo"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I understand TheHomesk1llet is trying to launch some simple code (something of the complexity of hello world) with the last GW exploit to make it run on ARM 11 proc.
Hah, not at all. My end goal is to create a homebrew launcher of my own that will be able to load any other launcher in privileged mode (like HBC). The main exploit itself will make use of the Gateway launcher's method, but like I said before, my (small) team and I are REWRITING the exploit using the information that Yifan Lu has provided, and using the information on 3dbrew, and most likely even smealum's information, since he published a LOT of stuff that's incredibly useful.
I'm gonna be hardmoding my zelda 3ds XL soon! I will be happy to test Launchers for you when i get that done!
Awesome, thank you!

damos1212

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hah, not at all. My end goal is to create a homebrew launcher of my own that will be able to load any other launcher in privileged mode (like HBC). The main exploit itself will make use of the Gateway launcher's method, but like I said before, my (small) team and I are REWRITING the exploit using the information that Yifan Lu has provided, and using the information on 3dbrew, and most likely even smealum's information, since he published a LOT of stuff that's incredibly useful.

Awesome, thank you!

Good luck dude! :D

D

Deleted-355425

Which Rev is the pi B?

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Awesome, thank you!

Wait, now I'm confused. Is it going to launch a .3ds/.cia for something like the Ninjhax launcher, or is it going to launch something like Big Blue Menu?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Which Rev is the pi B?
just a standard B....i dont have access to it atm a friend is borrowing it for a few weeks, i also have a B+ which doesn't work with 3dsunbrick, tested a few new builds for bkifft using the new kernel but seems it will need the modules updated....so no support for B+ for a while at least

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
This will be for firmware 4.x. You're okay as long as you have 9.2 or below. It will not work with the latest 3DS firmware or the N3DS.

Yeah, I can't work that out just yet until there's more information on the N3DS.

just a question here,
does your statement 1 above means your CFW will totally not work on N3DS regardless if it is <9.2 or 9.2+?
or theres a posibility that it will work once you can work with it (once N3DS is available worldwide so someone can test your CFW) if the N3DS is <9.2?

hope theres i still a chance for N3DS if it comes with <9.2
thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: 🤯🤯🤯 thats crazy