Hacking [IN PROGRESS] New Homebrew Launcher Exploit for 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

See this post.

Yes, but if you were able to include DevMenu as suggested, you could just as easily include BigRedMenu the same way. That statement only applies in situations such as with Gateway, where a .3ds version of DevMenu is used to install the .CIA version, as BigRedMenu doesn't have a .3ds version to install itself with.

Reactions: Azel

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See this post.
... You generally use BBM or DM to install BRM. If your exploit pushed BRM for the use of BBM, you wouldn't need BBM.

9681cc3f35c87c98b4c90ec8095900f1.jpg

Deleted member 313057

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
commentblock.com
XP
Country
United States
The ratio of the amount of people arguing and the amount of progress done is astonishingly high!

I'd love a project like this to happen, but honestly, I'm not sure what to feel as I haven't really seen any contributions from you in the Homebrew community.

If I am wrong, however, you have all the right to call me out on it :P

Reactions: Nollog and VinsCool

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
... You generally use BBM or DM to install BRM. If your exploit pushed BRM for the use of BBM, you wouldn't need BBM.
Precisely why I suggested it.

You'd asked if the exploit would be used to run a ninjhax launcher or an installer like DevMenue/BBM.

To which he stated he wouldn't want to use it to launch Nintendo's tools.

So I suggested BigRedMenu as an alternative.

The exploit launches BigRedMenu directly bypassing the need to use Nintendo's dev tools.

Reactions: Azel and Slushie3DS

tomixnscale89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're that OP from a /v/ thread a few weeks ago right? Too bad you didn't continue after that one video (if this is the thing you were going to post).

Sounds great though, keep it up.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
You're that OP from a /v/ thread a few weeks ago right? Too bad you didn't continue after that one video (if this is the thing you were going to post).

What did he do?

TheHomesk1llet

Also known as "Kupo"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

9681cc3f35c87c98b4c90ec8095900f1.jpg
I might as well just go with my original plan of having a separate exploit that always exists on the 3DS that can be used to load the homebrew launcher.
Precisely why I suggested it.

You'd asked if the exploit would be used to run a ninjhax launcher or an installer like DevMenue/BBM.

To which he stated he wouldn't want to use it to launch Nintendo's tools.

So I suggested BigRedMenu as an alternative.

The exploit launches BigRedMenu directly bypassing the need to use Nintendo's dev tools.
Well, I guess you could just install it from your computer using the CFW and ctrclient.

Actually, I'm dumb. What I'm gonna do is make my homebrew loader into a 3DS, and convert that into a CIA. The main exploit will install the BRM which can be used to install anything (in this case, the homebrew launcher).

Reactions: pikatsu

TheHomesk1llet

Also known as "Kupo"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ah, you found me.

Yeah, I had no idea what I was doing then. I hadn't done any research on the exploits.

Reactions: Sizednochi

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, but if you were able to include DevMenu as suggested, you could just as easily include BigRedMenu the same way. That statement only applies in situations such as with Gateway, where a .3ds version of DevMenu is used to install the .CIA version, as BigRedMenu doesn't have a .3ds version to install itself with.

Good point, it'd shut some folks up for sure.

Seems like the Devmenu requirement is still the biggest sticking point against .cia files.
Even with Big Red people still complain that you need a Ninty tool to install it, just no pleasing some people.

Incorporate into this somehow and bang! sorted. i'm sure Rinnegatamante wouldn't be too pissed at all if his work had a bigger audience and lesser detractors :)

Reactions: leerpsp

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
I might as well just go with my original plan of having a separate exploit that always exists on the 3DS that can be used to load the homebrew launcher.

Well, I guess you could just install it from your computer using the CFW and ctrclient.

Actually, I'm dumb. What I'm gonna do is make my homebrew loader into a 3DS, and convert that into a CIA. The main exploit will install the BRM which can be used to install anything (in this case, the homebrew launcher).

And by Homebrew launcher you mean .3dsx launching?
So in theory we'd finally have .3dsx and cia brews using a single exploit with an emuNAND to boot?

This sounds too good to be true.

williamcesar2
Don't (REALLY DON't) wanna open the can on this again, but during that Govanify leaking bizz was it stated that st4rk used yellows8's code someone sent him for his CFW?
I'm asking out of curiousity, it was one of those threads that spewed so much crap it was hard to take in :\

GoldenSun3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to use this to dump 3DS roms from cartridges onto the SD Card?
The reason I ask is because my 3DS's top screen is broken, so I'd like to be able to use it to dump roms of my games and then play them on my computer (when Citra 3DS advances enough).

Also, if you could, try to make it launch-able without needing to display things on the top screen :)

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to use this to dump 3DS roms from cartridges onto the SD Card?
The reason I ask is because my 3DS's top screen is broken, so I'd like to be able to use it to dump roms of my games and then play them on my computer (when Citra 3DS advances enough).

Also, if you could, try to make it launch-able without needing to display things on the top screen :)
I'm pretty sure they have rather cheap devices for that.

williamcesar2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And by Homebrew launcher you mean .3dsx launching?
So in theory we'd finally have .3dsx and cia brews using a single exploit with an emuNAND to boot?

This sounds too good to be true.

williamcesar2
Don't (REALLY DON't) wanna open the can on this again, but during that Govanify leaking bizz was it stated that st4rk used yellows8's code someone sent him for his CFW?
I'm asking out of curiousity, it was one of those threads that spewed so much crap it was hard to take in :\

man it's a long history !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: