Hacking [IN PROGRESS] New Homebrew Launcher Exploit for 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
virtual controls is not my thing , i don't enjoy the experience you get from mobile devices , i don't want to connect a Bluetooth joypad to my mobile , only the Nvidia shield is tempting to me which was made by a video game related company

I had the JXD devices in mind. They have great build quality and are aesthetically pleasing (unlike the Shield which is really ugly). I've been using a S7300B for quite some time and it's a dream, will maybe upgrade to an S7800 this year.

but the mobile market is an issue to Nintendo as well it effects the official Nintendo/Sony sales not just the homebrew scene .
That could be true, but then again, look at Nintendo's Japan sales. For a long time it's been said Mobile is dominating Japan, yet the 3DS had 4 games that sold more than 2 million units in the last 5 months alone, that never happened in the japanese gaming industry ever, meaning not even the DS did this. So there's that too.

This is going off-topic though, let people get back to business here.

Reactions: desertwarior

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess what, guys! I invented time travel. Of course, I haven't tested it yet, nor am I going to release pictures to prove its existence.
I will test it for him if he will send me the file iv messaged him but no reply yet.

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
The issues with the Vita scene are different, in fairness. Clearly the protection schemes and encryptions are much more difficult to crack than the 3DS. The flashcard manufacturers that people love so much aren't having much luck cracking those either.

If people doing it for free only do things at 'their own slow pace', then somebody forgot to tell the lot over in the Wii scene.

How do you know it's more difficult and not just the fact there isn't an obvious way to monetize an exploit unless you create a custom memory stick (hard im guessing, 3DS has lots of legacy stuff that helped that side of things). Or an exploit that relied on internet DRM every startup - that would be the future, and people will be seriously pissed off, but they will do it. Datel's 3DS save thing is that already. I think people didn't notice Datel crack every system basically but only release something if there's a product.

There's not much excuse for the Vita actually, people have had user/kernel access for ages. It has regular updates but im assuming if they are in control of the system then updates are not as big of an issue. But DO people behind the scenes have full access over the Vita? Keep in mind kernel access isn't actually useful unless you know how to use it. There's the public progress then private teams, but how will they make a product?

Internet DRM Vita hack i'm guessing might happen. Also Wii-U, what happened to that do you think?

D

Deleted-355425

i think

RHuHq.gif

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Guess what, guys! I invented time travel. Of course, I haven't tested it yet, nor am I going to release pictures to prove its existence.

John Titor has returned to say we get CFW in 2036. He mentions that he's still waiting for N3DS support from Gateway as their latest post in July, 2036 is "N3DS support is almost ready. It will be released soon™". :P

TheHomesk1llet

Also known as "Kupo"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Calm yourself. I posted that today after creating the launcher yesterday. At the time of the update, it was (and still is today) January 12, 2015. No, it hasn't been tested, but I'll post a picture of it if it'll make you happy.
Proof%20for%20some%20people.png

prototech

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is getting a bit off topic, but did EVERYONE forget the existence of mod chips? Why is everyone up tight about hardware that adds extra functionality?

EDIT
And before someone mentions that the Gateway exploit is possible without any hardware, the Gateway card DOES add functionality like emuNAND which is entirely worth them doing this in my opinion. Sure, ideally I would LOVE to see Gateway open source everything, but I also know that people have lives and money can be a big motivator for these kinds of innovations.

Reactions: MrJason005

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Calm yourself. I posted that today after creating the launcher yesterday. At the time of the update, it was (and still is today) January 12, 2015. No, it hasn't been tested, but I'll post a picture of it if it'll make you happy.
Proof%20for%20some%20people.png
Dat pic. Ohhhh my KeKles

TheHomesk1llet

Also known as "Kupo"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is getting a bit off topic, but did EVERYONE forget the existence of mod chips? Why is everyone up tight about hardware that adds extra functionality?
Softmods are easier and more convenient. If you have a softmod with kernel access, I don't see the need for a hardmod unless you want to do stuff like replacing files on the NAND externally or debug.

prototech

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Softmods are easier and more convenient. If you have a softmod with kernel access, I don't see the need for a hardmod unless you want to do stuff like replacing files on the NAND externally or debug.

I'm not saying you shouldn't do what you're doing, in fact I think it's great! I'm just commenting on the people who are saying that Gateway selling hardware is not okay, or for that matter that releasing your launcher will hurt them. All I'm saying is that hardware mods are not new, and no matter what happens the scene will continue on.

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
And before someone mentions that the Gateway exploit is possible without any hardware, the Gateway card DOES add functionality like emuNAND which is entirely worth them doing this in my opinion. Sure, ideally I would LOVE to see Gateway open source everything, but I also know that people have lives and money can be a big motivator for these kinds of innovations.

You don't need a Gateway for emuNAND though... They just blocked it. MT-Card's launcher lets you use emuNAND for free. The Red card is just DRM really, no matter how you put it, it's their way of selling their work.

kek

Reactions: MrJason005

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You don't want to spend money on a product that already works fine and delivers everything you may need? No problem, wait a few months for the free community-maintained release.

Reactions: Sizednochi

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the...