• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

In remembrance of September 11th.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Frankly I'm sick of using "remembrance" as a substitute for bringing the motherfuckers responsible to justice. It's been years since the documents pertaining to 9/11 were declassified, we know the Saudi royals planned and funded the attacks. This date should bring annual protests for extradition and criminal charges of the greatest magnitude. Hell, ship 'em off to Guantanamo for life since we're seemingly never gonna shut that down.

Reactions: LainaGabranth

Deleted member 608654

A scarlet letter
OP
Trophies
XP
Frankly I'm sick of using "remembrance" as a substitute for bringing the motherfuckers responsible to justice. It's been years since the documents pertaining to 9/11 were declassified, we know the Saudi royals planned and funded the attacks. This date should bring annual protests for extradition and criminal charges of the greatest magnitude. Hell, ship 'em off to Guantanamo for life since we're seemingly never gonna shut that down.
then why did we let Saudis get away with this and blame it on bin laden?

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
troll-face-creepy-smile.gif

Boy howdy do I have some excellent posts about this topic

• Love
Reactions: Ephemeral9 and Xzi

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nevermind, you did it for me, based as fuck take

Reactions: Xzi

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then why did we let Saudis get away with this and blame it on bin laden?
I need to dig up the documents but basically Bush knew 9/11 was gonna happen, knew it'd be the Saudis, but he didn't want to violate any potential oil deals with the Saudis so instead he worked in their interests to attack other nations in the Middle East while also drumming up nationalism in the US.

If you read Bin Laden's manifesto you'll find he actually intended for shit like this to happen all along because he fucking knew the US would go full blown racist towards anyone who wasn't pasty white as fuck (and it objectively did, and still continues to be to this day) and that sort of experience would radicalize Muslims in this country to likely join his cause, and attack the US in response or otherwise engage in acts of terrorism.

Bin Laden was painted as this like, insane and moronic individual by the US propaganda machine, make no mistake he is absolutely irredeemably evil, but one thing that cannot be understated is how fucking cunning this bastard was. This dude knew the US culture like the back of his hand and how to manipulate people, and I wish more people were aware of the threat he posed.

Deleted member 608654

A scarlet letter
OP
Trophies
XP
I need to dig up the documents but basically Bush knew 9/11 was gonna happen, knew it'd be the Saudis, but he didn't want to violate any potential oil deals with the Saudis so instead he worked in their interests to attack other nations in the Middle East while also drumming up nationalism in the US.

If you read Bin Laden's manifesto you'll find he actually intended for shit like this to happen all along because he fucking knew the US would go full blown racist towards anyone who wasn't pasty white as fuck (and it objectively did, and still continues to be to this day) and that sort of experience would radicalize Muslims in this country to likely join his cause, and attack the US in response or otherwise engage in acts of terrorism.

Bin Laden was painted as this like, insane and moronic individual by the US propaganda machine, make no mistake he is absolutely irredeemably evil, but one thing that cannot be understated is how fucking cunning this bastard was. This dude knew the US culture like the back of his hand and how to manipulate people, and I wish more people were aware of the threat he posed.
Hence why Heath Ledger's Joker exists.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Why doesn't america get their own oil supply in the states, or just reduce oil dependency alltogether.
Why indeed. Car culture has seemingly been too ingrained for too long, and all our infrastructure is based around every individual owning a car/truck. It's a big chunk of our consumerism and capitalist economy. Any commercial break on TV is about a third car commercials, a third drug commercials, and a third "other."

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hence why Heath Ledger's Joker exists.

Oh god that whole film series was fucked lmao. Bane made genuinely good points but he had to be arbitrarily given evil, out-of-character acts that were inconsistent with his ideology and goals. But that's besides the point I suppose, the point is, shit is fucked in the US, most people know something is wrong, but they don't truly know why.

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why indeed. Car culture has seemingly been too ingrained for too long, and all our infrastructure is based around every individual owning a car/truck. It's a big chunk of our consumerism and capitalist economy. Any commercial break on TV is about a third car commercials, a third drug commercials, and a third "other."
Usually a political ad about how improving the world is satanic or some other delusional nonsense.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Why would they do that?
Far as I can tell? The Saudi royals are just a bunch of sick fucks who toy with human lives for fun. They don't even seem to care about people living in their own country, let alone people living anywhere else. The richer one gets, the easier it is to give in to sociopathic tendencies, and other than Putin, the Saudi royals are some of the richest people on Earth.

Deleted member 608654

A scarlet letter
OP
Trophies
XP
Far as I can tell? The Saudi royals are just a bunch of sick fucks who toy with human lives for fun. They don't even seem to care about people living in their own country, let alone people living anywhere else. The richer one gets, the easier it is to give in to sociopathic tendencies, and other than Putin, the Saudi royals are some of the richest people on Earth.
and why would they choose the world trade center, out of all potential targets? If they really wanted to do damage, why not the white house or the capitol?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
and why would they choose the world trade center, out of all potential targets? If they really wanted to do damage, why not the white house or the capitol?
Don't forget a plane also hit the Pentagon. The Bush family had connections to the Saudi royals, which is why GWB let them fly out of the country after the attacks when all other flights were suspended. They probably chose WTC simply because it was iconic to the cityscape, and the Pentagon just as an extra, "fuck you, what are you gonna do about it?" The answer obviously being invade two countries with no connection to the attack, but with a lot of oil themselves.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7