inFAMOUS Second Son's pre-order DLC finally released for free on PSN

LbSCli0LHy5Ou5yRfts6X7UB.jpg

An obscure pre-order bonus for 2014's inFAMOUS Second Son has finally been released to the general public, for free. inFAMOUS Second Son is the third game in the inFAMOUS series, and the first not to feature inFAMOUS and inFAMOUS 2 protagonist Cole McGrath. To help explain the transition between inFamous 2 and Second Son, Sucker Punch produced the "Cole's Legacy" mission pack, but it was only ever released as a pre-order bonus or as part of the Collector's Edition.

Today, Sucker Punch announced that the mission pack is finally available to all users, adding that it's "available at no charge in most regions, except those that require a small fee due to local restrictions."

That's not all for legacy inFAMOUS support. Sucker Punch is also working on getting a pre-order bonus costume for inFAMOUS First Light widely available, and has also recently completed maintenance on inFAMOUS 2's user-generated content servers to help "keep them up and running a bit longer."

Unfortunately, for those hoping this legacy support may indicate Sucker Punch's interest in returning to its older franchises, a recent blog post has confirmed just the opposite. While they don't flatly deny the possibility of ever returning to older franchises, the post also unequivocally states that they "have no plans to revisit inFAMOUS or Sly Cooper right now, and no other studio is currently working on projects related to those franchises either."

:arrow: Cole's Legacy on PlayStation Store

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, this game exist. and it had two sequels. Were any of them any good?

There were two sequels? I remember playing First Light but don't remember another game.

I really enjoyed both First Light and Second Son. I remember the "Paper Trail" minigame where they sent me a bunch of clues in-game that had me go to different websites IRL to solve the mystery. Can't remember if it was related to Paper Trail but I also remember being sent a test kit in the mail to see if I had powers.

tl;dr Enjoyed the games, was surprised to hear there are two sequels. Hope to see another one in the future.

Reactions: CoolMe and osaka35

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just remember the shit flinging fights back in the day between Playstation and Xbox fans because of the OG game coming out around the same time as Prototype which had supposedly similar gameplay despite it clearly not being the case. Also completely missing the concept that Prototype was on the Playstation as well and only inFAMOUS was a PS exclusive. Just pointless bickering between console fans.

That's all I remember about those games lol.

Reactions: osaka35

Ishzark

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the story is kinda lame - can't remember much
the gameplay was dope tho - just electrocuting everything you can see

I enjoyed Second Son the most because the mechanics were pretty awesome in this part

Reactions: osaka35

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just remember the shit flinging fights back in the day between Playstation and Xbox fans because of the OG game coming out around the same time as Prototype which had supposedly similar gameplay despite it clearly not being the case. Also completely missing the concept that Prototype was on the Playstation as well and only inFAMOUS was a PS exclusive. Just pointless bickering between console fans.

That's all I remember about those games lol.
Is it prequels or sequels? "Prequels" because those 2 games were released first on the PS3, before Second Son.
"Sequels"
maybe because (if) it was set before the events of InFamous 1&2 thus making it a prequel, so InFamous 1&2 are sequels..

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
First 3 Infamous was great!
Sacond son was good around 50-60% game progress of story, then skills became too similar no matter what ability you pick. Story still good, but in prequel it was more interesting to upgrade your skills.

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Is it prequels or sequels? "Prequels" because those 2 games were released first on the PS3, before Second Son.
"Sequels"
maybe because (if) it was set before the events of InFamous 1&2 thus making it a prequel, so InFamous 1&2 are sequels..
Second Son takes place seven years after Infamous 2's

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is pretty good