Hacking Info hd ps4

salvatore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi
i have just buy a new hd for ps4 (2tb, my old hd is 500gb).
i'd like know if is possible make a clone of old hd on 2tb hd.
ps sorry for dab english
thanks

AdamFX990

Confused Humanoid
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by AdamFX990,
Reactions: salvatore
D

Deleted User

-snip-

no i was actually helpful. The problem with your advice is that in some cases windows will add data to an hd. This could potentially corrupt the hd. Leading to the ps4 not allowing it to boot. My post is actually helpful since it shows step by step with clear video what he should do to accomplish what he would like to do. It is also the method suggest by the manufacturer.

AdamFX990

Confused Humanoid
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
no i was actually helpful. The problem with your advice is that in some cases windows will add data to an hd. This could potentially corrupt the hd. Leading to the ps4 not allowing it to boot. My post is actually helpful since it shows step by step with clear video what he should do to accomplish what he would like to do. It is also the method suggest by the manufacturer.

That's completely untrue. I've done it several times and keep the most recent disk image as a backup in case the hard drive fails.

D

Deleted User

well look man im positive and you negative since you think you are omniscient that's great and all but what you said is so much harder and unnecessary. So why fight with me? Just go oh wow I didn't know you could do that props one more way to do this.

Notice my wording. In some cases windows will add data. Did it not happen to you? That's GREAT!

Could it be possible I might have seen more hd's? Gasp!

AdamFX990

Confused Humanoid
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
well look man im positive and you negative since you think you are omniscient that's great and all but what you said is so much harder and unnecessary. So why fight with me? Just go oh wow I didn't know you could do that props one more way to do this.

Notice my wording. In some cases windows will add data. Did it not happen to you? That's GREAT!

Could it be possible I might have seen more hd's? Gasp!

If all you do is plug in the drive and create a disk image then that won't cause a problem unless the drive happens to fail at that exact moment. This method is used for cloning drives by thousands of people on thousands of drives. You are attempting to promote yourself and denouncing advice given by others that is objectively better. That's why I'm calling you out.

Last edited by AdamFX990, , Reason: Fixed grammatical error
Reactions: Mazamin
D

Deleted User

that's not promotion. Just me trying to help. Dude I'm not needing promo from his little thread. Trying to help the dude. This site has a very bad and archaic approach. The reason youtube tuts are a thing is because it's helpful to have someone show you. Some people are more visual. With that said lets move on.

As for your assumptions. Yes standard hd cloning you are 100% right. Sadly console hd cloning can be well ahem painful. Look up data added to drive by windows when cloning 360 or xbox one drives etc. This can corrupt filesystem. It's basically bad advice. You never had it happen so you don't know so you keep giving the advice. It works for me kinda thing. I dig that. But here is the ground breaking part you won't admit to yourself.

My way is just better.

It just is.

Now whether you realize that or not man I can show the horse the water. Will he drink it? Questionable. Some horses won't. Have users here reported success with your method? YES! As i said this will work! Can it potentially fail with horrible results? Well why yes. Remember only with CONSOLE HD CLONING.

Good luck on the life thing...

D

Deleted User

not sure what you mean man but in the world of ps4 stuff i gotta tell you man it's better to keep things as simple as possible especially when dealing with large filesets and drives. It can get pretty rough...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Go with Linux Mint.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    wget "Microsoft edge.exe"
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I'm using linux mint on my other machine, works decent
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    deltree c:\windows\system32\*.* :tpi:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Why not stick to your other machine, no?
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    my other machine is old, mostly used for just browsing , some multimedia stuff as it's just old
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    some tasks like hacking wii mini consoles
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, You running Windows XP in 2024?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it gets hacked/corrupted if i just leave it online for an hour
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
    Veho @ Veho: +1