Initial Mig Switch flashcart units now available and being tested by reviewers

aaaa.png

The first batch of the Mig Switch flashcarts have made their way into the hands of reviewers. Plenty of initial impressions have gone live, with users showing off how the device works. Just as promised, you can in fact play your "legally owned Nintendo Switch games", across any model of Nintendo Switch. However, there are more questions raised than answered.

For one, it's still uncertain if and when you'll get banned after playing online using the Mig Switch--the team claims so long as you have a valid certificate, card ID set, and card UID, and a fully complete game dump, you'll be able to play online just fine. Whether or not Nintendo can notice and take action is something that will take time to see. In order to obtain updates and DLCs for games, you'll need to be online to download them, as the Mig Switch can't load those files itself.

This leads into another quandary. The three aforementioned aspects--the certificates and IDs--come from a backed up copy of a Nintendo Switch game. If someone were to illicitly share their certificate online, there could be dozens or hundreds of users using the same cert for multiple games, across multiple systems, at the same time. Since you can obtain a certificate from a physical game, there's growing concern as to how it could affect pre-owned backed up copies of games that might have had their certificates used and banned. We know for a fact that Nintendo has banned gamecart certificates in the past, as found by scene memeber SciresM back in 2018.

If you're interested in seeing the Mig Switch in action, there are a handful of reviews from notable emulation-focused YouTubers.

So far, what are your thoughts on the Mig Switch? There's plenty of interesting quirks to the device, from its usage, to its mysterious development team. Have you ordered one, either to test out, or for use on trickier to softmod Switch revisions? Or are you staying away from anything to do with this flashcart?

tomhanks69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guarantee no one who preordered this has received theirs yet. These dudes said people would get them first week of February, but I bet no one has.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'm actually surprised that, now, 2 months after the announcement of the MIG Switch, there are still no game dumps.

Also if somebody had some files to share, where should he upload those?
You can just dump with help of NX Dump Tool Rewrite and post, so it's nothing stopping it from doing it now.

Jmdaemon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually surprised that, now, 2 months after the announcement of the MIG Switch, there are still no game dumps.

Also if somebody had some files to share, where should he upload those?
no idea what you are talking about. We have had game dumps for years. MIG utilizes a few more personalized pieces of information of which no one would give out. Currently the mig is for personal use only.

User_84628

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
no idea what you are talking about. We have had game dumps for years. MIG utilizes a few more personalized pieces of information of which no one would give out. Currently the mig is for personal use only.
Exactly, how come nobody uploaded those extra required files yet. Its not that hard at all to obtain those files

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly, how come nobody uploaded those extra required files yet. Its not that hard at all to obtain those files
Could you sound anymore entitled?

If people start sharing these certs I doubt they are going to be free and if so they won’t be free for long.

These certs sound like the only thing between us and Nintendo noticing we are “resigning” roms and smacking us with a ban hammer.
L
If you have the money to spend on one of these flashcarts surely you have the money to buy some shitty $15 switch game to use as a donor. Like you said yourself it’s not that hard so do it your self instead of crying you didn’t get a handout ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I’m sure you will be back to complain about your ban for using a public vert hundreds of others will be using at the same time too

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Mig Switch isn’t in the hands of anyone yet other than a select few. Once it actually ships to everyone you will start seeing files, until then probably nothing. Also assuming Nintendo doesn’t find a way to mess with the supply chain for the product. Being even easier than before, I expect a lot of money may be spent to prevent this product from reaching a lot of people.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Samples have only been given out to reviewers, not the people who had preordered. I don't understand what even is the point of buying this flashcart when you can buy a chip and ask somebody else to install it. You're only limited to playing your legitimate backups and not ROMs that you've downloaded off the internet, but I guess many forgot that.

If you don't get your items on the date when its supposed to ship, get a full refund from your provider. Don't let those sketchy scammers steal your money from a product that will be one day become useless.

This video pretty much sums up this thread:

• Haha
Reactions: ZeroT21

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Samples have only been given out to reviewers, not the people who had preordered. I don't understand what even is the point of buying this flashcart when you can buy a chip and ask somebody else to install it. You're only limited to playing your legitimate backups and not ROMs that you've downloaded off the internet, but I guess many forgot that.

If you don't get your items on the date when its supposed to ship, get a full refund from your provider. Don't let those sketchy scammers steal your money from a product that will be one day become useless.

It's the easiest and cheapest way to piracy, that's why people cares.

Also, people out there, definitely not me, are already dumping game files before re-selling. Stores, definitely not mine, will sell mig switch with games pre loaded.

It is a matter of time to see evil people finding evil game files files on evil piracy websites.

There is yet a lot of question about this flashcard, but none of them is "does it work?" because it does.

• Haha
Reactions: SylverReZ

User_84628

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Could you sound anymore entitled?

If people start sharing these certs I doubt they are going to be free and if so they won’t be free for long.

These certs sound like the only thing between us and Nintendo noticing we are “resigning” roms and smacking us with a ban hammer.
L
If you have the money to spend on one of these flashcarts surely you have the money to buy some shitty $15 switch game to use as a donor. Like you said yourself it’s not that hard so do it your self instead of crying you didn’t get a handout

I’m sure you will be back to complain about your ban for using a public vert hundreds of others will be using at the same time too

I think most people don’t go online with their switch. At least I have never played games online and don’t care about a ban

But what about the initial data? Isn’t that unique for each game? Or can you get that from a donor game as well?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think most people don’t go online with their switch. At least I have never played games online and don’t care about a ban

But what about the initial data? Isn’t that unique for each game? Or can you get that from a donor game as well?
As pointed out in earlier thread if you would have read, yes you can play pirated copies with this tool but you will most likey get banned by going online. If you are banned, or don't go online at all, you will not get any game updates or DLC.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

At least around me I get quotes to install a chip to my OLED for $160-190

So defiantly not cheaper.

If you don’t care about a ban that’s one thing but you still shouldn’t expect for people to just hand you what you want especially if you intend to use it as a disposable cert when you can just get a cheap shovelware game and be done with it instead of waiting around

Reactions: BigOnYa

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's the easiest and cheapest way to piracy, that's why people cares.
Cheapest? Did you ever check the price tag for how much the Mig Switch sells for? You're paying 70-80 dollars for a flashcart that only runs non-pirated backups, nothing like homebrew. But for $10, you can buy a modchip that does everything you need.

Reactions: BigOnYa and ghjfdtg

User_84628

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
As pointed out in earlier thread if you would have read, yes you can play pirated copies with this tool but you will most likey get banned by going online. If you are banned, or don't go online at all, you will not get any game updates or DLC.

What tool do you mean? The initial data doesn’t seem to be easy to generate by hand

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 👍