Initial Mig Switch flashcart units now available and being tested by reviewers

aaaa.png

The first batch of the Mig Switch flashcarts have made their way into the hands of reviewers. Plenty of initial impressions have gone live, with users showing off how the device works. Just as promised, you can in fact play your "legally owned Nintendo Switch games", across any model of Nintendo Switch. However, there are more questions raised than answered.

For one, it's still uncertain if and when you'll get banned after playing online using the Mig Switch--the team claims so long as you have a valid certificate, card ID set, and card UID, and a fully complete game dump, you'll be able to play online just fine. Whether or not Nintendo can notice and take action is something that will take time to see. In order to obtain updates and DLCs for games, you'll need to be online to download them, as the Mig Switch can't load those files itself.

This leads into another quandary. The three aforementioned aspects--the certificates and IDs--come from a backed up copy of a Nintendo Switch game. If someone were to illicitly share their certificate online, there could be dozens or hundreds of users using the same cert for multiple games, across multiple systems, at the same time. Since you can obtain a certificate from a physical game, there's growing concern as to how it could affect pre-owned backed up copies of games that might have had their certificates used and banned. We know for a fact that Nintendo has banned gamecart certificates in the past, as found by scene memeber SciresM back in 2018.

If you're interested in seeing the Mig Switch in action, there are a handful of reviews from notable emulation-focused YouTubers.

So far, what are your thoughts on the Mig Switch? There's plenty of interesting quirks to the device, from its usage, to its mysterious development team. Have you ordered one, either to test out, or for use on trickier to softmod Switch revisions? Or are you staying away from anything to do with this flashcart?

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are worried about NOTHING. Nintendo would NEVER take the nuclear option when it comes to stuff like this. If you buy a used game, you're not gonna get banned. Nintendo already has 2 lawsuits actively in court, Joycon drift and Mario Kart Tour lootboxes.

They already have quite a bit on their plate and doing anything remotely sloppy because of a 3rd party has never been their move. You are fine. Buy your used games, sell your used game. Nintendo will not ban lil timmy because of someone buying and returning a game.

J-Will

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are worried about NOTHING. Nintendo would NEVER take the nuclear option when it comes to stuff like this. If you buy a used game, you're not gonna get banned. Nintendo already has 2 lawsuits actively in court, Joycon drift and Mario Kart Tour lootboxes.

They already have quite a bit on their plate and doing anything remotely sloppy because of a 3rd party has never been their move. You are fine. Buy your used games, sell your used game. Nintendo will not ban lil timmy because of someone buying and returning a game.
We'll never know until we get our hands on it.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Jmdaemon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You do know selling returns hasn't been a thing in decades? Thats cause taking returns has not been a thing. Timmy won't see a returned game from walmart. maybe gamestop.
One thing I havn't seen mentioned, and maybe its not known how the IDs work.. but on the 3ds you could use any of your own legit cart IDs with the sky3ds and encrypted roms. I kind of doubt nintendo has a huge mega server of every card ever made and every cart id that went with it. As long as 2 of the same IDs are never online at the same time, shoud be good?

J-Will

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do know selling returns hasn't been a thing in decades? Thats cause taking returns has not been a thing. Timmy won't see a returned game from walmart. maybe gamestop.
One thing I havn't seen mentioned, and maybe its not known how the IDs work.. but on the 3ds you could use any of your own legit cart IDs with the sky3ds and encrypted roms. I kind of doubt nintendo has a huge mega server of every card ever made and every cart id that went with it. As long as 2 of the same IDs are never online at the same time, shoud be good?
If you plan on selling your cartridges, go to another place with the same store name and say to the customer that I found my lost game and then that worker will give you $60 back. Idk what would happen if you said migswitch to the customer, but don't try saying "because I have the migswitch" to the customer to try to get money back.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Gary is not a villian, Nintendo is evil to the point that they ruined his life.

Do they? Care to enlighten me on where you see anything that actually says that? Or do you also think Redbull is made from testicles?

https://harborcityhemp.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/AACJ154_D8LO-0122_01312022_61f844fc6e005.pdf
That's just a made up theory.

CaliousKai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Angry

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ammonia is urine and while it may have been tampered with to make it safe it still doesn't change the fact your inhaling piss. But if your a "stoner" why would you care anyway?
Well these foods contain Ammonia, so you are eating piss (as you say): Cheese, potato chips, peanut butter, onions, Butter, Gelatin/jello, Flour/wheat, fruits and vegetables, dairy products, Eggs, fish. Cereals, Bread.

Reactions: TheStonedModder

Jmdaemon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you plan on selling your cartridges, go to another place with the same store name and say to the customer that I found my lost game and then that worker will give you $60 back.
customer?
If the box isn't sealed exactly like every other game and you don't have a receipt, you get nothing. if you have a valid returnable receipt but it is open you can get it exchanged for the same item but if they aren't brain dead they will remove the packaging right there. Online stores may tell you any non working carts will need to go through Nintendo's warrantee service.
Post automatically merged:

Ammonia is urine and while it may have been tampered with to make it safe it still doesn't change the fact your inhaling piss. But if your a "stoner" why would you care anyway?
Over billions of years of life, Earths atmosphere is mostly farts, too.

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those in the US, you can easily get cheap games from GameStop, truly eliminating the need for a Mig Switch. Occasionally browse eBay for Joy Cons, get them at $10-$20 a set with “drift” , Nintendo fixes them free, base GameStop trade is $29.70 currently but has been as high as $50 with trade bonuses in the last year. Despite rumors, you can trade in an unlimited number to GameStop each month. You could use this to get games cheap on credit and then easily recoup your original investment plus some in cash by trading in the games after dumping. You can send 90-pairs before Nintendo flags your account.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those in the US, you can easily get cheap games from GameStop, truly eliminating the need for a Mig Switch. Occasionally browse eBay for Joy Cons, get them at $10-$20 a set with “drift” , Nintendo fixes them free, base GameStop trade is $29.70 currently but has been as high as $50 with trade bonuses in the last year. Despite rumors, you can trade in an unlimited number to GameStop each month. You could use this to get games cheap on credit and then easily recoup your original investment plus some in cash by trading in the games after dumping. You can send 90-pairs before Nintendo flags your account.
I guarantee those $10-20 eBay Joycons are fake

GameStop also doesn’t even give you cases with the games 90% of the time. I spent $100 on a pre owned copy of the 3d Mario collection and they sent me just the cartridge itself inside a bubble mailer

They are a borderline scam. Also I don’t like to carry my carts around loose(even in a carrying case) too much risk to lose a good chunk of not your whole library if something happens to your switch case

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guarantee those $10-20 eBay Joycons are fake

GameStop also doesn’t even give you cases with the games 90% of the time. I spent $100 on a pre owned copy of the 3d Mario collection and they sent me just the cartridge itself inside a bubble mailer

They are a borderline scam. Also I don’t like to carry my carts around loose(even in a carrying case) too much risk to lose a good chunk of not your whole library if something happens to your switch case
If you get a fake “which is actually rare” eBay handles it easily. Look for the Nintendo logo on the back and check serials when they come in. Nintendo will refuse to service fake Joy Cons if you make a mistake so no real risk. The key for GameStop for me was cashing in on hardware and then selling that. Setting up saved searches on eBay and you will sometimes go a month or two with nothing and some months find 20 pairs it’s totally random but an easy way to reduce gaming costs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2::tpi: