Homebrew Install HBC from bootmii

jeroen80

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello i have already 4.3 on my wii so i can't install the hbc with the bannerbomb
I don't have any games like idiana jones to install hbc.
But i have already install bootmii on my wii when i had 4.2.
So my question is:
Can i install the hbc from bootmii

Sorry for my bad english

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, you can. the ticket for HBC is still on your wii, but the content and tmd have gone bye, bye. you really have 4 choices...
1 - use the parts of HBC from a nand dump from that same wii, everything will work as expected
2 - use the parts of HBC from a different wii. it will work, but you will get the scam screen and possibly the cursor will be a birdy finger
3 - use parts of an older version of HBC from before it had the added protection in it. it will work, but it will also pester you to update whenever it connects to the internet. but unless you have an older IOS that it will use, it will not update itself.
4 - figure out the the 1337 magic that the hackmii installer does when it installs HBC, use parts of HBC from a different wii, but change the magic stuff in the tmd so HBC wont annoy you with the nag stuff

so, if i were you, i would first do #1. if you dont have a copy of HBC that was installed on that same wii, i would go with #3. get your meathooks on a older version of HBC, write it to the nand with a little MINI program. install some IOS that the hackmii installer will use happily, then start HBC. it will connect to the internet and ask to update. when you say yes, it will properly install the latest HBC on your wii.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its easier to do it NOT via BootMii. Just install the oldest revision of IOS41, use TBR running on IOS41 to downgrade IOS15, use TBR running on downgraded IOS15 to patch IOS36, install Priiloader and enable the "No Delete {titles}" hack (you'll need to download the hacks.ini), downgrade IOS34 to its previous revision, run HackMii Installer. Do all this via Indiana Pwns or Smash Stack.

EDIT: Just noticed you were wanting this because you DIDN'T have/want exploited games. Sorry
frown.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
With the new HackMii Installer 0.7, there is an extra .elf called "bootmini.elf", which allows you to run HackMii Installer directly from BootMii by placing it on SD and loading it through BootMii's SD browser.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, tbh i might extend it to 2 or 3 weeks