Tutorial  Updated

Install unlaunch on development units (pandas)

This goes without saying, but BACK UP YOUR NAND FIRST! Backups are especially important with rare hardware like this.

For reasons beyond my head, unlaunch will fail to uninstall on dev units. It sounds like it's something to do with exploitable titles blanking out a register and unlaunch not being happy with it. Thankfully you don't need exploitable titles on dev units!
1708405707022.png

1. Download a DSiWare type homebrew capable of booting an SRL off of the SD card. I suggest godmode9i
  2. Download maketad.exe. This can be found in any copy of the TwlSDK (TwlSDK/tools/bin/maketad.exe) or your favorite archive of dsi development and factory software (you should probably put exactly those last 7 words into google)
  3. Run maketad like so, replacing "input SRL" with the path to your homebrew: maketad.exe <input SRL> -s -o program.tad
  4. Copy program.tad to your DSi SD card
  5. Download and copy the latest unlaunch to your SD card
  6. Boot TwlNmenu on your DSi and install program.tad
  7. Boot your newly installed program and use that to launch unlaunch
  8. Install unlaunch
  9. Sucess!

tl;dr boot a copy of unlaunch from an installed homebrew (specifically set as a system app for full NAND access) and don't use exploits.

If you're wondering why this guide doesn't install an unlaunch TAD directly, unlaunch is missing the TID needed for maketad. Hex editing is a bit too complicated for some people, so using another app to boot just makes more sense.

WARNING: Unlaunch sets the launcher as read only, so you'll need to uninstall unlaunch in order to update via TwlSystemUpdater or TwlNmenu.

Last edited by rvtr,

rvtr

Nintendo DS hoarder
OP
Trophies
Website
randommeaninglesscharacters.com
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol