Installers in the EU / Europe

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
If anyone comes across somebody called JJ Chandler then stay away from him. He bodges people's systems up and sends them elsewhere to others to repair them for him 🙈

Well, there are 2 things on that.

1 - Obviously it is bad that things goes wrong, in the first place. But be the first one to throw the rock if you never had a bad day, bad luck or whatever. Everyone can make mistakes. We all make them and we need to start somewhere.

2 - A part from 1, all goes down to communication, honesty and being professional. What I mean is that there is no problem in making a mistake. Not gonna judge someone on a (single) mistake. The point is that if that person talks to the client, explain what happen and say something like: "I'm not comfortable now to repair the damage. I'll take the responsibility to send it to someone I trust to have it repaired and I'll cover the costs", then I wouldn't have many reasons to not keep trusting the person. I would even prefer this way than the guy don't admit the shit he did and try to repair it himself and make things even worse.

I understand one can get easily mad when something like this happens, no question about it. But once it happened, we can't do anything else than try to fix the situation the best we can!

But, if in this case, there was no communication whatsoever and the client simply gets surprised that things went south without any knowledge, then yes, that person is to avoid!

Reactions: MSco

NURSO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Attachments

• IMG-3750.PNG
    IMG-3750.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 115
  • IMG-3751.PNG
    IMG-3751.PNG
    384.2 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG-3752.PNG
    IMG-3752.PNG
    451.7 KB · Views: 115

britain4

Trophies
XP
Country
I see the trace repairs in the first 2 pics, obviously a simple mistake and they did a nice job of repairing it afterwards, but was the 3rd trace dealt with? Is the Switch functioning OK?

Reactions: doom95

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Anyone in EU have any OLED chips that can spare? I may need 2 of them to install until May 27th and purchasing them from China will take too much time. I?ll only get them by June 13.

I can pay upfront for them. Doesn't matter if one perosn can sell me one and another person sells me another!

ReflexAlex

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Know I'm a bit late to this thread here but are there any trusted installers around the EU rn? Really looking to send a fresh OLED to get things done. :)

FruithatMods

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I see the trace repairs in the first 2 pics, obviously a simple mistake and they did a nice job of repairing it afterwards, but was the 3rd trace dealt with? Is the Switch functioning OK?

The photos are from a successful repair on the cpu line trace.

The trace is less than 0.1mm in width so I really don't recommend damaging it in the first place. You can cut into the cpu shield on the bottom left side to give you better access if you need to repair the trace.

It was only one trace which was severed. The other trace with the two exposed copper spots was a scratch in the solder mask.
After I ran a new trace the switch turned on and worked normally.

Reactions: britain4

DrRouge

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The photos are from a successful repair on the cpu line trace.

The trace is less than 0.1mm in width so I really don't recommend damaging it in the first place. You can cut into the cpu shield on the bottom left side to give you better access if you need to repair the trace.

It was only one trace which was severed. The other trace with the two exposed copper spots was a scratch in the solder mask.
After I ran a new trace the switch turned on and worked normally.
Hello! You seem very knowledgeable, may i contact you trough DMs?

Molizo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey there!

Any people brave enough to tackle my (dust-collecting for 5 years) Switch in/around Benelux? I don’t mind traveling for an in-person job :)
Post automatically merged:

Oh and since it seems I’m reviving the thread right now - does anyone have experience with consolehacks.nl?
They pop up when searching for HWFLY in the Netherlands but their website is straight out of 2006

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
shipping between countries can be pretty damn expensive so you'd probably want to find someone in your own country

Blavla

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
München? was last month there xD. i am from Hamburg. can i dm you for some questions?
Yes of course
Post automatically merged:

shipping between countries can be pretty damn expensive so you'd probably want to find someone in your own country
13,50€ for a package in EU with tracking and 500€ varanty

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe