Gaming Installing A Custom Firmware Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

Thanks for the tut.
I was a bit worried at first because I made the memory stick round my friend's house, and even with a memory stick inserted the memory card light did not flash at all...
So, if I use PSP Grader it'll do it for me?

(BTW This is a bricked PSP... with a Datel TOOL Battery)

BTW My PSP is, as I've checked, a IC-1003... Can I unbrick it? Was using 3.52 M33, trying to upgrade to 3.90 M33... it bricked... is it possible?
Please reply, this is really urgent
frown.gif

ediblebird

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
warmijwilfaain said:
Thanks for the tut.
I was a bit worried at first because I made the memory stick round my friend's house, and even with a memory stick inserted the memory card light did not flash at all...
So, if I use PSP Grader it'll do it for me?

(BTW This is a bricked PSP... with a Datel TOOL Battery)

BTW My PSP is, as I've checked, a IC-1003... Can I unbrick it? Was using 3.52 M33, trying to upgrade to 3.90 M33... it bricked... is it possible?
Please reply, this is really urgent
frown.gif

With PSP Grader remember to hold down the L trigger while booting your PSP, and other than that you should be able to unbrick it just fine, as long as the memorystick was made right.

sarutobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i had everything installed and it even said in the system settings 3.80 M33-5 I turn the psp off and now my normal battery lights up but no screen and with my pandora it makes the screen lighten up a bit but it dosent give me my options. And i cant reinstall it without a usb so what do i do now and i dont have a friend with cfw. plz u can reach me at [email protected] send me a pm plz help

ediblebird

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
try to to do a blind install by pressing x and leaving it for a while, or copy a different version of despartar del cementerio on your memorystick and then try again.

kreatosoupa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
xblackoutx said:
my brother just sent his to ozmodchips to be modded. wouldn't that be easier than these methods?

Well, this way you only need to buy a battery basically and a small memory stick which is dead cheap anyways. I flashed mine successfully just by reading a couple of tutorials around the net. Youtube is also full of how-to vids. Why pay for a mod?

sarutobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my pandora only stays on if u do the L thing so i cant press x and leave it and i cant do des. cementerio if i dont have a usb

Seccom Masada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If I had put custom firmware (3.71 M33) on a while back having not dumped the nand, restored it to the original firmware using the old stick, and then did this process (up to making the new stick), would the nand dump still be of any use to me at all? I'm not completely sure how this all works. I still have the old stick if it does me any good, if I in fact had dumped the nand in some form maybe and hadn't noticed (there's no nand-dump.bin on it, so I'm guessing no). I used an old version of TOTALNewbieasyInstaller and had to do a blind install; unfortunately the instructions I used didn't mention anything like this that I remember.

EDIT: Now it said "bad block at page 96192 block 3006" during the dump process, if indicative of anything. My apologies for being generally useless.

jelbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can I use a 1 or 2GB Kingston MicroSD in a MicroSD to MS pro Duo adapter to create a 'Magic' MS? I also have a genuine 64MB MS Pro Duo, but I think it's too small.

jelbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is backing up your NAND necessary? I have a Pandora, that can fix bricked PSP's anyway right?

Also, if I use PSP Grader with Pandora in a Slim it says it'll result in 3.80M33. Shouldn't I need 3.90 blah version? Or is 3.80M33 better or a necessary first step?

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jelbo said:
Is backing up your NAND necessary? I have a Pandora, that can fix bricked PSP's anyway right?

Also, if I use PSP Grader with Pandora in a Slim it says it'll result in 3.80M33. Shouldn't I need 3.90 blah version? Or is 3.80M33 better or a necessary first step?

You're going to want the NAND dump, it is used for if you brick your PSP, to restore it. It contains the system keys and other important information.

3.80M33 can easily be upgraded to 3.90. Upgrading from custom firmware to custom firmware isn't hard at all; going from official to custom is the hard part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2