Hacking Installing cia file in english.

Slysoft

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. I have a quick question about trying to install a cia file in english. I have a japanese N3DS which I installed cfw on and installed an alpha sapphire USA region cia (at least it has USA in the file name) and it booted up fine in japanese as expected.
I then changed the region of the 3ds to united states to be able to have the english system menu.

I have uninstalled the game via the FBI option "delete title and ticket" and tried to reinstall it multiple times, but every time it installs the game in japanese and the game boots in japanese even though my 3ds region is united states.
The title also appears in japanese in the fbi title list although other games that I have installed are in english. Is this something that happens normally with pokemon games or did I jack something up internally by installing the game in japanese initially?
If so how might I be able to fix this?

Thanks for the help.

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
As far as I know, Pokemon games save their language settings to the save file. Deleting the save file should reset the language.
But then again, uninstalling the game deletes the save, so I don't know what's going on.

Slysoft

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it might just be the game because I copied over an omega ruby cia and it is doing the same thing despite never being on the system prior. I'll have to do more research since I assumed the games were pretty much "region free" and just loaded based on the system region.

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I think it might just be the game because I copied over an omega ruby cia and it is doing the same thing despite never being on the system prior. I'll have to do more research since I assumed the games were pretty much "region free" and just loaded based on the system region.
What exactly did you do to change the system region?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Install luma local swicher to the 3ds.
Start it up and select titles then select the Pokemon game. Then select region and select USA. Next select language and select EN. Exit out of the switcher and turn the 3ds off. Switch it back on and and hit select to go into luma settings make sure enable game patching is selected and press start. And from then on in your Pokemon game will always load in English.

https://github.com/Possum/LumaLocaleSwitcher/releases

Last edited by AmandaRose,

Slysoft

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Followed the region changing guide at 3ds hacks. For the record this is what the cia looks like inside FBI

vS4kP22.png

EDIT: Thanks for the link above, I'll have to give that a shot.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Luma3DS Locale Emulation and game patching.

Put the text file with this code at:
  • sdmc:/luma/titles/000400000011C400/locale.txt
  • Code:
    USA EN
Not needed I have instructed them in my reply above to use luma local patcher which will do the above automatically for them.

Slysoft

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I have used the above method and it worked. The game titles for pokemon still show up in FBI in japanese for some reason even though all the other titles show up in english but it must either just be a pokemon thing with my 3ds or maybe the cia aren't USA even though they say they are (in citra and fbi they are just reported as region free).

Either way it works now so thanks for the help.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah I have used the above method and it worked. The game titles for pokemon still show up in FBI in japanese for some reason even though all the other titles show up in english but it must either just be a pokemon thing with my 3ds or maybe the cia aren't USA even though they say they are (in citra and fbi they are just reported as region free).

Either way it works now so thanks for the help.
You are welcome.

D

Deleted User

it is the save fiiile... it saves language settings. just delete it [bad quality opera sounds start to play] :rofl:

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not needed I have instructed them in my reply above to use luma local patcher which will do the above automatically for them.
This is the second time someone mentioned this homebrew on this same topic this week. Call me old fashion, but this work with the latest Luma3DS? I'm thinking about including it in this month's update for the CFW starter kit.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is the second time someone mentioned this homebrew on this same topic this week. Call me old fashion, but this work with the latest Luma3DS? I'm thinking about including this in this month's update for the CFW starter kit.
Yes it works with all versions of luma. It's so much easier than having to create a text file for each game. The app does all the work for you.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3