instinct v6 , OLED Black Screen , Corrupt EMMC Help!

Ferz1984

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello guys!!

It all began like this

I modded my Oled Switch (3 months ago) with INSTINCT NX V6 and it was working fine... as I was playing it froze and gave me an atmosphere error screen... I turned it off and after that, I had a black screen…. After some attempts, I finally booted to Heakte and restored the EMMC successfully, tested and seemed okay without errors...

I installed some games and as I was playing Mario Kart and again after 2-3 hours atmosphere error screen.

Since then the switch has been on a black screen and the chip is blinking white…

I am sure that the emmc again is corrupted.

Is there any way to restore it with INSTINCT NX? (I have read that with hwfly_nx you can boot Hekate with corrupted emmc)

What else can I do to restore it? Only remove it and restore it with programmer? (which I don't have )

Why is this happening?

I am sure that the chip is installed correctly... at first, it was installed with wires, I had tested all the points, and were okay...
Just for testing, I removed it and tried to boot the switch without the modchip, and again black screen...
Now I have installed it with the flex cable and not enameled wires...(I don't like it... think I will remove it and use the enameled wires again)... I have tested all the points with a multimeter and everything seems ok...

What else should I have to check? I am stuck now...

Any suggestions are welcome
Post automatically merged:

The last error, before black screen...:cry:

Attachments

• IMG_20230914_161647.jpg
    IMG_20230914_161647.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 50

jkage

Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
None of this ... it blinks white light and it stops..
Did you manage to sort this out? I've sent mine to a guy for the mod and it was giving the same issue, blinking white lights with Instinct. He determined the EMMC was corrupt because without the chip it wasn't booting stock FW.

AFAIK with Instinct/hwfly you cannot boot into hekate with a corrupt emmc, but an RP2040 one can.

Ferz1984

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Did you manage to sort this out? I've sent mine to a guy for the mod and it was giving the same issue, blinking white lights with Instinct. He determined the EMMC was corrupt because without the chip it wasn't booting stock FW.

AFAIK with Instinct/hwfly you cannot boot into hekate with a corrupt emmc, but an RP2040 one can.
Since i have a backup of my NAND, I bought a new chip to replace the corrupt one... I also bought an RP2040...
I have changed the NAND I have soldered the new empty NAND chip but the RP2040 cannot boot with an empty emmc chip...
I have read that to glitch it needs BOOT 0 and BOOT 1 partition.... in error codes it gives me this -> (=** eMMC init failure during glitch process)..

Maybe my solder is not good? I don't know... (I so it should boot in hekate...)
Are you sure that RP2040 can boot hekate with an empty emmc chip?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Of course there is always, OnlyFans, or a GoFundMe, to raise some money.