Internet Trolls Are Narcissists, Psychopaths, and Sadists

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP

Key points​

• An Internet troll is someone who enters an online discussion and posts comments designed to upset or disrupt the conversation.
  • "Dark Tetrad" personality traits include narcissism, Machiavellianism, psychopathy, and sadism.
  • In a study of 1200 people, Dark Tetrad scores were highest among people who said trolling was their favorite Internet activity.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...rolls-are-narcissists-psychopaths-and-sadists

Fascinating article. Hard to believe that there are people who post online wishing to upset others or disrupt the conversation. Shocking.

The last time I checked it was Dark Triad and that appears to have been upgraded to Dark Tetrad so there is always room for improvement which is nice to know.

Have you ever encountered a troll before? Did they say meanie-beanie things? Would you look at that? Pronoun game like crazy! Woot!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I think it’s a safe to say that those with narcissistic and sociopathic mindset might be more inclined to “troll,” “harass,” or otherwise cause problems for others. It feeds into their personality disorder by giving them attention in any form. I wouldn’t say that all trolls suffer from a mental disorder but I would say those with these disorder might be inclined to partake in attention seeking behaviors.

Reactions: Aerocool

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
i think you personally need a new category seeing your idiotic takes, not to be rude js
"Don't take this the wrong way, but...."

In all seriousness. Today's "trolls" are absolutely worthless.

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
th

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Made in China is back to what it was in the 80s lol